"Listen, we both agreed we're not ready for kids." He tried to defend his words.

"You said you're not ready for kids." She harshly pointed at his chest. "Just like you decide everything else around here."

"That's not true." He scoffed, laying back on the couch.

"It

Sora and Jimin both looked over at the ringing house phone. She glanced at him, before they both charged across the room.

"Let me answer it." She yelled, tugging at the phone.

"I heard it first." He argued, pulling it out of her grip.

"Who is it?" Sora hovered over him, trying to read the caller I.D.

Jimin held his finger up to his mouth, signaling her to be quiet. He answered the phone, bringing it to his ear.

"Hello?"

C A L I F O R N I A7 ᴀᴍ

C A L I F O R N I A
7 ᴀᴍ

"Hey, it's Jungkook." He tried to be as courteous as he could be.

"Uh, what's up? Why are you calling so early?" Jimin spoke in a muffled tone through the speaker.

"You know— I just wanted to check up on you, that's all." Jungkook remarked.

"Everything's good man, how about you. How's your wife and kids?" Jimin asked.

They both did this thing, where they'd say everything was going perfectly fine in their lives. Maybe it was just to show each other that they were well off in their life. It's always been some what of a competition between the two.

"They're all fine." Jungkook sounded as happy as he could possibly be. "So, got any plans for winter break?"

"Not at the moment." Jimin sighed. "We've both been too busy to come up with a vacation plan."

He cleared his throat when Sora gave him a look. Jimin, being busy? That's a joke.

"Your family's not coming down?" Jungkook asked, taking a sip of his wine afterwards.

"Not after the deat— the funeral." Jimin mumbled.

"Wait a second." Jungkook's brain suddenly sparked an idea. "How about you and your wife come down to California for winter break."

"No.." Jimin shook his head. " I couldn't put that much pressure on you all. Enjoy your break with your family."

"Jimin." He muttered through the phone. "Trust me, you and your wife can spend Christmas with me and my kids."

Jungkook never realized he left his wife out of that sentence, nor did he really feel that she made a difference.

"I don't know..." Jimin pondered.

"Come on." Jungkook pleaded. "You haven't even met my kids yet, it's ridiculous."

Jimin sighed, feeling guilty for not being there for Jungkook when he got married and had his first two kids. Living across the country isn't exactly convenient for the both of them.

"What do you say?" Jungkook beamed a smile.

Jimin was silent. He closed his eyes as he thought all of this through. He couldn't spend the whole winter break, fighting with Sora. They needed some leisure time, apart from each other and with other people.

"What's the weather like in Cali?" Jimin chuckled.