Sparrow-Rounded rectangle

The first thing I noticed as soon as my eyes opened was that I had forgotten the last time I slept so peacefully. The second thing I noticed was that my legs were either paralysed or something was sprawled against them. Grimacing, I wriggled into a sitting position and found myself staring into Cora's anxiously shiny eyes.

"S-sorry I woke you up-" She blurted, flying off the bed and crashing clumsily against a drawer at the end of which she ended up sat awkwardly on the floor with her mouth slightly open in shock and her face flushing.

I almost laughed. "Um...you...you didn't wake me up-"

She flushed.

"Can't be comfortable on the floor like that."

She stayed silent.

My eyes widened as the events of the night before smashed into my sense of ease and almost knocked me onto my back again.

She watched me anxiously.

"We. We. We...We spent the night-"

She grimaced as though her throat hurt. "Just sleeping."

"Just sleeping."

She nodded animatedly.

I looked down at the duvet wrapped over me.

"Oh and Paula said you had some sort of interview so you need to get ready."

I frowned. "Are you coming with me?"

She ducked her head.

I felt hot; I probably sounded like I was being demanding without even wanting to.  I grimaced. "O-only-only...if you want." I could not quite look at her.

She shifted and stood up. "Well I should be there...someone has to play the part of a responsible adult or you might kill someone."

I managed a smile; somehow. "Right, go get ready then."

                      ¥

Paula was acting sheepish and fidgety as she silently followed me to where Cora and Romeo were already waiting. I was tempted to ask her why she was acting funny but forgot about it when I saw Cora and Romeo. Cora was wearing a lot of black as usual and looked oddly guilty, making me wonder if her and Paula were planning something behind my back.

I turned to see Paula look at her feet, gnawing her lower lip uncomfortably. "Right...well let's go." I gestured for Cora and Romeo to follow me to the door. "How is everything outside?" I asked Romeo nonchalantly as he opened the door.

"Sir, lot of camera people-"

I was about to speak when a sudden flash stopped me and almost made me topple back against Cora who uttered a hiss as I crushed her toes by mistake.

"Sparrow!"

I gritted my teeth as a horde of flashes and cameras attached to people swarmed closer to us and almost blinded me.

"Sparrow can you tell us-"

"How was your-"

"You and Cora-"

"CORA CORA LOOK AT US!"

"Smile."

Romeo buffeted us towards the car and I let Cora in first before a strange ache rolled through my core and my legs almost gave way.

"Are you ok?" Cora muttered, eyes wide as I literally slammed against her, head spinning and Romeo closed the door.

I nodded and pressed a hand lightly against my clammy brow before glancing at the tinted windows as Romeo got in and the car started moving. "I haven't slept in a long time and now that I did last night my brain is still  quite literally asleep."