Chapter 10: Voices and Capture

Jordan backed away, staring at his sibling, he was starting to gain control of his new form, bit by bit. It was only in tiny bursts, when he saw objects that were familiar to him, and was able to stop his urge to rip it apart. He let out a blood curtailing howl and ran into the woods. As he ran a voice seemed to stay with him on the wind, 

"I'm going to save you..." It followed him as he ran, as if it was a record stuck on one note, forever doomed to replay that sound into eternity. When the voice finally left his side, a new one arose.

"What happened, weakling?" The voice spoke, quiet at first, yet spitting the last word with venom in it's tone. Jordan looked around, yet there was no one in sight.

"W-who are you?" Jordan thought, which surprised him. "I meant to say that out loud... not that anyone would understand my growls and yelps..."

"You already know me. I'm your new... friend." The voice spoke in a rather calm tone, perhaps to try and calm the panicking Jordan. It wasn't working.

"What do you wa-" Jordan passed out before he could finish his sentence, pain shooting through his side, as darkness overtook him. From behind a bush came a policeman with a tranquilizer gun. Three darts were lodged in Jordan's side, quickly taking effect. The policeman grabbed a walkie from his belt and called in for backup.

*crackle* "Officer Starbucks?" He asked into the walkie.

*static noise ~v~* "Maloney? Have you finished the mission this time?" A female voice came through asking another question in response.

"I shot something. It looks to be the right creature." Maloney answered, pride evident in his voice.

"Did you kill it?! Officer Maloney do we have to give you the squirt gun again?!" Officer Starbucks yelled, almost blowing Officer Maloney's ears off.

"Its not dead. Although I don't know how long it'll be out for so you better get over here, and fast." Officer Maloney said back, rubbing his temples. "And try not to give me a headache next time, please?"

"Sorry Maloney." Officer Starbucks apologized as the walkies shut off with a resounding click. A helicopter arrived shortly after,  carrying a net attached to the bottom.

"Load 'em up!" An officer yelled from the helicopter, as Jordan, or, the beast, was loaded into the net. The helicopter took off, leaving a very angry Officer Maloney behind.

"Hey!" He shouted as the helicopter flew off. "Wait for me!"

In the distance, two pairs of eyes watch with mixed emotions. One with fear and amazement, and the other with worry, and determination.

"The police have our brother." Was all Cierra said before grabbing Bethany's hand and dragging her after the helicopter.

"Wait, what?!" Bethany yelled as they ran.

"I'll explain my theory on the way." Cierra's answer was simple, but Bethan didn't want to question her sister, thinking the emotional loss of her brother was fooling with her mind. Although Bethany herself was getting that feeling that weather he was alive or not, their lives just got a whole lot more chaotic.

Quick A/N guys, #1 in #BETANYFRYE !? What!? Two things, 1: This story doesn't even mainly focus on Bethany XD, and 2: I didn't even think people would read this! It uh.. It kind of sucks! Well, hope you all are enjoying what I have I guess! And thank you all so much for the support this story has been getting! I really appreciate it, and it helps to keep me inspired to write more for you all! I'm going to have a special dedication to some people who have really helped motivate me throughout the story, (you know who you are :3), so be looking out for that at the end of the next chapter!