Chapter 3: Injuries

Jordan ran all the way to his house, not stopping once to catch his breath. When he got to his door he opened it as fast as he could without alerting any of his sleeping siblings. He shut it behind him, his breathing pace quickened. He knew he had to calm himself down before he hiperventalated.

"Water..." He heaved. "Water would... calm me down....." Jordan ran to the bathroom, of which the door was conveniently open, and turned on the sink. He refused to look at the mirror, in fear of what he would see. He slashed the cold water on his face, taking in the feeling. It was relaxing for a second, until realization set in. His mind wandered back to his arm, and the pain returned. He grabbed his injury causing more pain to flow through him.Jordan looked at his hand, realizing that it was covered in blood.

His blood.

His sleeve was stained red, and torn beyond repair. All he wanted to do was curl up under his blanket, to forget this whole experience and go to bed. To know that his siblings would be safe going outside for a walk at any  time of day. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Jordan?" It was Bethany. Jordan desperately washed the rest of the blood from his hands and face and took off his hoodie. He wrapped it around his arm, another stabbing pain filling his body, and held it to his body as if nothing was wrong. He walked out and greeted a surprised Bethany.

"Hey Bethany!" He said cheerfully. "I told you I'd be fine!" Bethany looked at him with a face of joy and surprise as she ran up to hug him.

"I was worried something had happened!" Bethany hugged him tighter causing Jordan to wimper. Bethany heard him and immediately let go. "Sorry! Sorry!" Bethany hurriedly apologized and rushed upstairs with Jordan close behind. After he was sure she was asleep, he went back down to his basement room *Jordan = Spencer* and took the hoodie off of his arm.

The wound had started to scab over, despite how deep the gashes were. Jordan bandages it up as best he could and threw his hoodie in the trash.

"Tomorrow will be better. Maybe it'll be scabbed over, and I won't need stitches." Jordan thought, although he knew that was ridiculous. He would have it checked out tomorrow. For now, he should just get some sleep....