Chapter 8: He's Out There Somewere

"H-he!" Issac sat up in bed and a loud beeping noise was heard. His vision was blurred and a faint mumbling was heard. Issac's breathing was rapid and shallow, his face was num and not much better could be said for the rest of his body. Three figures rushed to Issac's side, desperately trying to calm him down. Eventually, his normal breathing pattern returned, and he looked around. The three figures were nurses, and an empty chair sat in the corner. Wasn't there someone there? The room was all white, with a yellow stripe running around the bottom. He realized there was an IV hooked in his arm, and more machines attached to him to monitor his heart rate and vital signs. His mind raced back to the events of last night, and he instinctively put a hand up to his cheek to feel for the scratch, fearing it would come back bloodied. Instead, he found it was stitched up. Issac sighed with relief. The nurses calmly left the room. A few minutes later one of them came back in with Cierra and Bethany.

"Issac!" They yelled in unison. After Jordan ran off, Issac had passed out from fear and anxiety. The police ran in to find the panicked group and quickly got Issac to the hospital. He was badly bruised, and the gash Jordan had made  had to get stitches. Cierra hugged him and started to cry. Bethany had a waterfall rolling down her face. She tried to explain but eventually just collapsed into tears.

"We... we have to find him!" Issac yelled. He was now fully aware of the situation, more panicked then sad.

"He spent all night alone! W-what if something...." Cierra started, but Bethany intervened.

"No! We can't think like that! He's out there! He has to be!" Bethany's voice rose in pitch with every sentence.

"I'm coming with you to find him. We have to go!" Issac looked over at his IV and tried to pull it out, but Bethany rushed over and stopped him.

"Issac, stop! You're in no condition to leave! You almost had a panic attack this morning, and your wound still needs some time to heal." Bethany layed Issac back down and walked over to Cierra. They whispered something Issac couldn't hear, then walked over to the nurse. Cierra and Bethany each gave him a hug and started to leave.

"We won't be gone long. If he's still out there—" Cierra started.

"He is! He has to be!" Issac interrupted.

"Then we'll find him." Bethany finished the conversation off as they walked out the door, leaving Issac alone with his thoughts.

"He's out there somewhere.... And I'm not going to be waiting around here when they find him. I'll be there..." Issac told himself as he tried to fight off the urge to fall asleep. Eventually he gave in, his eyelids closing as he drifted off. 

"I'll be there..."

(A/N Hey! Sorry for the short chapter guys but I'm working on getting out of that writers block! For now, I'm just trying to update as frequently as possible.)