Chapter 16

McKenna's POV

My game started in 45 minutes and I needed to get dressed. I said goodbye to Shawn and Hayes quickly before dashing out the door with a quick kiss on the cheek from Cam. I run back to my house taking a swig of water every 4 or 5 minutes.

I finally get there with 5 minutes until warmups. I throw on my jersey, pants, and socks. I grab my cleats and put them in my left hand along with my phone in my right and start sprinting barefooted.

I reach Markswood and see Nash's car at the light. I run and jump in. "Step on it." I say. He drives fairly quickly and I burst out of the car with 30 seconds to get my bat bag and get to the field. "Park behind the dumpster." I tell him and sprint to the concessions. I grab my Mizuno bat bag and run to field 6.

I reach the field as soon as my watch hits 5:15. I sigh in relief and put on my helmet. I start stretching my arms and legs with trunk twists, windups, and lunges. I enter the batting cage, touching the black metal. I'm going to miss this.

I hit ever soft tossed pitch that comes at me. After I finish, I grab my glove and warm up with Chelsea. I throw some and begin to pitch some.I'm not a pitcher, but I just need to keep my arm warm. Oh and did I mention this is the championship game? I finished warming up my arm, and stepped on the sun-baked clay. The clusters of dirt were crushed under my metal cleats. I look out in the distance. This is my home.

"Outlaws please take the field and begin 5 minute warmups. The game will begin in 10 minutes." The announcer says. I sigh. 3 hours until my dreams have vanished.

***

SHORT UPDATE BECAUSE LONG LONG LONG GAME CHAPTER COMING UP

****