Chapter 12

**lets just take a moment for Jacob's Stay With Me cover**

Hayes's POV

I knew what Cameron had against me. It wasn't my fault I fell for her, it just happened. And he's 5 years older than her, it's not like he could get some with her.

Once Taylor and Ken went into the room, I couldn't take it anymore. "I'm really starting to hate you Cameron. You used to be my best friend and now we're both at separate ways because of a stupid girl. Seriously, I miss our friendship." "I'm sorry man." He looked down. I nodded. "I'll just cool off out back." He says, and walks to the sliding glass door but looks back before it opens. "I really am sorry." And he walked out.

I'm enraged in jealousy but I have to remember it's just a dare. I hear a weird noise from upstairs. I let a tear slip. She has my heart racing at a million miles a second. She is the heart I need to keep me alive. She's my everything. And a dare shouldn't matter. If she finds that Taylor is better for her, then so be it. I know it'll be hard for me, but I can do it.

These seven minutes really went by slow until it turned 1:52. Matt jumped up from his seat. He ran upstairs and heard him say, "Okay, you two can stop. Hayes is freaking McKenna." And he shut the door. It seems he had the same issue I had with the minutes. He better not be falling for her either. I slowly stood up and faced the bar.

I heard walking and Carter say, "Well damn." I turned around and let a tear slip before wiping it away quickly, hoping she didn't see it. They look like they did it. They really do. I shrugged it off and McKenna ran to me and jumped in my arms. I missed her warmth. "I'm so sorry Hayes, I didn't know what had gotten into me." She whispers. I whispered back, almost choking on my own words, "Did you do it?" She quickly shook her head no.

And I believed her. I would believe anything she says, because I trust her with anything. She dropped down and jumped up on her counter. She opened a cabinet, grabbing a bundle of paper plates, and threw me chips. She jumped down wincing in pain as she burned her ankles, grabbing a 2 liter of Pepsi. "Figured you boys would be hungry at 2 am." Matt and Gilinsky jumped up from their spots. "You figured right." Matt says, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Her face turned a pale pink. At least it wasn't red, I told myself. She looked at me with a smile and blew me a kiss. I laughed and she grinned. I mouthed to her, "Follow me." She nodded. I ran upstairs to her room. She closed the door behind her and jumped in my arms. She kissed me quickly and rested her hands on my shoulders. I missed her lips.

I wrapped my arms under her legs and kissed back. Every time she kisses me, she takes my breath away. I forgot about all the dares, all the awkward things that happened, and just focused on my baby girl. She pulled back and I licked my lips.

"I missed your kisses." I smiled. She grinned and rubbed her nose up to mine. "I love you." She says, "and I'm probably crushing your ribs." And jumped down. "I love you too. And you weren't heavy by the way." She looked down quickly, and looked back up. "Hayes, do you love me?" She asked. My breath hitched in my throat. I'm not sure why, but it did.

McKenna's POV

"Hayes, do you love me?" I asked. He didn't respond immediately. It was as if he had to think about it for a second. Maybe I should've never asked. "It's fine Hayes. Goodnight." I kissed him on the cheek and walked to my bedroom.

******

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1.1K READS OMG CRYIN ❤️❤️❤️