Chapter 15

(A/N: hey guys, there will be about 15-20 more chapters of this story because I have a new idea for the sequel. thanks ☺️)

McKenna's POV

*Next Morning*

I woke up quite early for me, 8 AM. I swung my legs around and check my phone for the date. October 23rd.. My last game of All Stars before they chuck the field. It's also the board meeting. I hop in the shower, letting my muscles relax. I wash my body and hair and shave. After I finished, I put on a tourney tshirt and exercise shorts. I slipped on socks and tennis shoes and put my hair up in a ponytail. I grab my phone and water bottle and start my jog.

I reach Hayes's house in no time. I knock on his door, panting a bit. I take a sip of my water and wait for him to open up. He unlocks the deadbolt and steps out smiling at me. I peck his lips softly and he pulls me in for a hug. "Sorry, I'm a bit sweaty." I giggle. He laughs. "It's okay." He invites me in and I sit down on the couch.

"When are you leaving?" I ask. After I finished freaking out in my head, I told him I was happy he was living his dream. "Tuesday." He answered sadly. We hear a bunch of racket upstairs. "Is that Nash, Cam, and Shawn?" I ask, knowing Shawn's gorgeous voice and Nash and Cam's ability to break things so easily. "You guessed it." He says, smiling. I flash a quick grin and run upstairs to greet the awkward canadian. "Shawn!" I exclaim. I run and jump in his arms. He catches me and I give him a kiss on the cheek. "Hey Ken! Long time no see!" He smiled his beautiful smile.

I forgot to mention, I was actually born in Canada and we lived right next door to the Mendes'. Shawn and I dated when I was 13, but I moved to Wyoming halfway through our relationship. "Right! How is the music biz?" I ask, jumping down. "It's great! I just got signed to Island Records. I'm working on my first single." He smiled proudly. "Can I hear what you have so far?" I ask. He nods.

He grabs his guitar. I swear he thinks it's his child or something. "Okay, don't judge my voice cracks because I'm not supposed to tell anyone about them." He says. I giggle. "Okay Shawn, okay."

"I love it when you just don't care, I love it when you dance like there's nobody there. So when it gets hard don't be afraid, we don't care what them people say.

I love it when you don't take no, I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so, let them all go home we out late, we don't care what them people say.

We don't have to be ordinary, make your best mistakes, cause we don't have the time to be sorry, so baby be the life of the party."

"There were no voice cracks in that Shawn, your voice is angelic." I say matter-of-factly. A cherry red creeps up onto his cheeks. "Awh! Is Shawny blushing?" I grin. He covers his face with his hands.

"Well, I don't know anything about songwriting and all of that jazz, but I may be able to help you come up with some lyrics." I say. His eyes light up. "Really?" He asks. I nod.

I sit in thought for a good 5 minutes. I start humming a bit and sing a little of what I have.

"I'm telling you to take your chance it might be crazy, hearts are gonna break, cause we don't have the time to be sorry, so baby be the life of the party." I sing. Shawn looks at me wide-eyed. "What?" I ask, concerned. I feel my face to make sure there isn't a bug or something on it. "You're voice is gorgeous Ken, why haven't I heard it before?" He asks. I blush and shrug. "But anyways, I like that, but I'm going to change chance to shot and crazy to scary, okay?" He says. I nod and smile.

The least I could do is help my boy out.

*******

HEY GUYS, THIS IS THE FIRST PART OF THE EVENTFUL DAY BUT I NEED YOUR OPINION

SHENNA?

OR

MCAYES?