Chapter 14

McKenna's POV

I call Nash and ask him for a ride with Hayes. He says okay and reaches my house in 3 minutes. I jump in and drive off with Hayes sitting by my side on his phone. He looks worried in some way. I shake it off and arrive at the fields. I run to the concession stands and grab a water and my bat bag and run to the softball field. Sara and half the players are already there. I give Sara a quick hug and go to the dugout. I quickly grab my old glove and start the conditioning routine.

I finish my lunges and frog jumps and warm up with Chelsea. She walks over to me and we look in the stands. Hayes, Nash, Kenzie, and Sara are all talking, but Sara is flirting with Hayes. Hayes is kinda flirting with her I guess? I mean yeah, Sara is freaking gorgeous but Hayes, really? I roll my eyes and take my position in center.

Most people know about my hitting, but not many know that I'm basically a 14 almost 15 year old Haylie McCleney.

I was hit 20 balls, caught them all, dove for 4, and made 5 double plays at second. Ha, and even Hayes payed attention. I rolled my eyes again. I'm an eye rolling machine today.

I squinted even closer to the stands and I see Cam. I grin wide. I missed him.

No, Cameron is basically an older bro to me. I run to the dugout when we are finished and wipe some sweat off before running to Cam and jumping into his arms.

"Hey beautiful." Cameron smiled. "Hey Cam." I giggled. I kissed his cheek and sat towards Hayes. He didn't even notice me, he was too busy talking to Sara. I don't know why, but this got me really angry. I stormed off, grabbing my packed bat bag and Cameron's hand.

We head for the closed concessions. We walk in and I lock the door. "UGH HE'S SUCH A UGH!" I scream. "Cam, ever since I met Sara at the mall he's been giving her googley eyes and it makes me sick! What's his issue?! Am I not good enough for him? Is that it?" I say. I run my hand through my hair. After a minute pause, I sit down. I look up at him, my eyes threatening to tear up. "Is it really worth it?" I say softly, my voice cracking a bit. Cameron kisses my cheek softly. "I told him everything. I tried to give him everything." I sigh. Cameron kneels down to eye level.

"Hey, listen to me. There are going to be so many boys who want to steal your heart. But you," he says, poking my chest, "you have to make that decision. I love you, McKenna, and I don't want to see you hurt. So take that sad expression off your face, and replace it with a smile. A smile is the most beautiful thing on a girl." He grins. I smile and give him a hug. He's not that much taller than me, maybe four inches.

"Thank you Cameron. And, I love you too." I half smile. I wipe my eyes and stay in his warm hug. Cam's hugs are literally the best things ever. But we were sadly interrupted by a knock on the door. I walk to the door and open to Chelsea, pointing to the fields direction. Hayes was sitting on a stump, head in his hands. I motioned to Cam to look. I slowly walked over to him. He looks up and runs over. He tackles me in a giant bear hug. I giggle a bit.

"I'm so sorry McKenna, I came to watch you, not get to know Sara more than I needed too." He says, nervously. I giggle. "It's okay Hayes." I kiss him softly, our fingers intertwined on both sides.

"McKenna?" "Hm?" "I have to tell you something." "What is it Hayes?"

"I've been invited to Magcon." He says.