Football Star (Hayes Grier Fanfiction)

Prologue

***

"Up to bat for EOLL is McKenna Hunt!" they announced. I don't even pay attention to it anymore. I'm used to it. I knocked the clay off my cleats and stepped into the batters box. The pitcher glared at me. I knew she'd try to hit me for the third time. I was too quick for her though, I could easily dodge it.

She slightly begun her windup and I put my bat out. 2 outs, none on base, 7th inning, tied up. It was the last game of the world championship, and we were tied in the 3 game series. I pulled back quick and easy. I was taught to accept whatever came my way, regardless of a strike in a fake bunt. "Huah!" The ump called. I looked over at third base. My coach signaled to me. It was an easy play, with my quickness.

I stepped back and waited for the pitcher. Everything felt in slow motion. She wound up, throwing the ball in a perfect spiral. I stepped, pulled the seatbelt down, and watched the ball connect with the bat. I pushed out and dropped the bat. I sprinted to first and the crowd erupted. I looked at third and coach grinned at me. I knew I had just won the game.

I jogged the bases, there was a rare need to run. My team was at home plate waiting for me. Once on the third baseline, I sprinted. I jumped in the pentagon and felt 16 pairs of hands bouncing up and down on my helmet.

The EOLL Outlaws had just won the World Championships. Because of me, a simple girl who found love in 88 stitches.

***********************

McKenna is a fourteen year old EOLL softball queen. Never in the history have they even thought about replacing, more or less deciding to replace the softball field with artificial turf for Football, America's favorite sport.

Furious and aggravated, she goes to the recent board meeting and demands an explanation. Only leaving her with few details and none more than hatred for the council, she decides to visit the field that would soon become nothing but worthless to her.

Maybe a certain boy will change her ways. A famous boy for that matter. Will Hayes convince her to leave softball forever? Or is this a process of getting her love and affection?

Take a risk in this exciting book about romantic athleticism turned upside down in a twisted world of aggravation and hate.