Chapter 9

McKenna's POV

I got up from my chair and hugged Hayes once again. "I have to get ready for softball practice." I mumbled in his chest. "There are white baseball pants in the top drawer and a rays baseball tshirt in the bottom." He says after kissing my head. I run upstairs to Hayes's bedroom, but stop at the bathroom mirror at the awful sight of myself.

I had black bags under my eyes and mascara smeared everywhere. I took a washrag and dipped it into petroleum jelly. After clearing the majority, I cleaned the remainder with water. After I was sort of satisfied, I went to Hayes's room. I grabbed the baseball pants and shirt, when I realized I need socks. "HAYES! WHERE ARE YOUR LONG SOCKS?!" I yelled downstairs. "SECOND TO LAST DRAWER." He yelled back. I reached into the drawer and found not only red long socks, but a poster. It was of me.

I took it out, grabbed a sharpie off of his desk and autographed it. I was just being funny. I blew on the black ink to let it dry and stuck it back in the drawer. I stripped of my clothing, and I put on the socks, then the shirt, then pants and tucked in the shirt. I glanced at Hayes who was standing in the doorway.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked. "The whole time." He smirked. I rolled my eyes. The pants were big but they would work. "The cleats are downstairs." He says. "Are the football or baseball?" I asked. "Football. My brother has baseball, but they are probably too big." "My feet are big." I answered. He nodded and went to Will's room. He brought back black Nike MVP Keystrokes. (Yes these are my softball cleats lol)

I slipped them on and grabbed my phone. "You look really cute in my clothes." He winked. "Yeah, don't get used to it." I smirked.

We walked around the block until we reached the field. It was starting to be constructed on, but they have to hold out until All Stars is finished. I grabbed my bat bag from the concession stand and a red Gatorade. My coach was setting up the bownet, so I warmed up with Chelsea, his daughter. She was actually a decent pitcher, but she is the best catcher on the team.

After we both warmed up our arms, the rest of the team was just getting here. So, I spent the rest of the time pitching to her. I love pitcher/catcher duos. Once I was finished, she walked up to me. "Who's the guy in the stands? He's cute." She says. "He's my boyfriend." I said, not even thinking. "Oh. He's a very lucky guy." She says, surprisingly very nice. She gives me a hug and we walk to the dugout. I put my glove away and put on my helmet and bat gloves.

I reach for my bat and line up against the fence. Yes, of course I'm trying to show off to Hayes, but I need to just focus, and it's not working. So I go into my clear mode; head clear, hands clear, and eyes clear. I do some trunk twists and stretch my arms a bit. Hayes is watching me attentively. Stop thinking about him. I stretch my legs, and get ready for live pitching.

I was 3rd in line, behind Chelsea. We talk for a bit when I hear my name being called. I was confused, because Chelsea was in front of me, but it shrugged it off and got up to the plate. We had a collegiate pitcher, who throws like 70mph. I had hit 80 before, so it wasn't a big deal, but still.

I watched her begin her windup and met the ball with the bat. It went far and cleared the fence. So did the next 8. It was because of the velocity of the pitch, I guess? I don't know but I was pretty damn proud. After I finished my at bat, I had a total of 14 home runs, and an actual lot of running to do. I had to go fetch those balls.

After recovering 11, I gave up and threw the balls back to coach. He smiled in satisfaction and told me to chill in the dugout for a while. I agreed happily and sat in the dugout watching everyone else. A few left the park, but not as much luck as I had. After the best practice of my career was over, Hayes looked at me in astonishment. I was as astonished as him honestly.

"I didn't know you played that good." He said after a while. "Me either to be honest." I answered. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my hips. I brought his lips to mine and he tightened his grip.

I adjusted my hands and I hear Chelsea yell, "EW PDA!" I let go and start laughing, "Thanks for ruining the moment Chels." "Hey, it's what I do." I laughed again. "Great practice Hunt." "Thanks Coach Dave." "See you Saturday." "Yes sir." I smiled. I still had my hands around Hayes's neck. I kissed his cheek and grabbed my bat bag.

Hayes and I walked up to the concessions and I put my bag in the closet. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers and kissed my hand. I smile up at him, completely forgetting the world around us.

"I love you Ken." "I love you too Hayes."