Chapter 2

I spent the rest of the day with Kenzie and Hayes. Hayes is so cute and amazingly sweet. Even Kenzie is attracted to him. But who wouldn't be?

After I let my shoulder sting for a while, we walked back to the field. "I can't believe this will be gone soon." I sighed. Hayes looked at me sympathetically. He took my hand and squeezed it. I was on the verge of tears.

I took my hand away and put my arm over my eyes. I started walking to my bike. "McKenna, Hannah!" Kenzie called. I turned around and ducked immediately. I took my hand and caught the ball. "Well well well, look who we have here." I smirked. She quivered and backed away slowly. I stepped getting ready to throw the ball back. She flinched.

You see, I've had an arch-rivalry with an old teammate. She played for a season and moved away. When she came back, I ignored her because she had spread rumors about me right before she left. I was always better than her, taller, stronger, heck I was even prettier than the girl.

"Hannah, you should leave." I spat. She looked at me up and down. "Now." She didn't move a muscle. "Lemme rephrase that, Hannah, leave before I throw this ball at your brain, if you have one." I said through gritted teeth.

That got her attention. "How DARE you call me dumb!" She screamed. "I never said you were dumb." I remarked, smartly. "A hole." She glared. I stuck my middle finger proudly in the air and brushed her shoulder as I walked past her to Kenzie.

"Nice going." Kenzie smiled. "I hate her so much." I mumbled. "I know. She just has some brain issues." Kenzie mumbled back. "What was that?!" Hayes asked astonished. "An old rivalry." I answered, looking up at the sky. He smiled at me then laughed. "Hayes lookout!" I screamed. He ducked and once again, I caught the ball. But this time, I decided she needed some more brain damage. I threw it smack at her face. I'm pretty sure all three of us heard a crack. Eh, she deserved it.

I didn't even bother to look if she was okay. Kenzie and I ran to our bikes and Hayes ran alongside us. We stopped at the entrance to Markswood. "This is my stop." Hayes said. I got off my bike and hugged him. "I have a feeling we will be good friends." I smiled.

He laughed. "Me too." He fidgeted with his pocket. "What is it?" I asked. "Can I have your number?" He asked back. I smiled and took his hand. I grabbed a pen from my pocket and wrote it on his palm.

"Thanks." He smiled. I kissed his cheek and he started walking to his house.

****

hey guys sorry for the short chapter but I'm on a freaking 5 hour car trip home and it's 10pm right now. 😭

have a good night x.