Fantastic! I thought to myself, so this suggests he is dating too! Yay!

"Nice" l said, "so is there a lady in the picture?"

"Hopefully you" he smiled.

I glanced at him in surprise, our eyes met for a fraction of a second and l looked away, he laughed, l wasn't sure if he was serious or flirting.

"Ha ha no seriously you mean you are planning to wed but you do not girlfriend yet?"

"Yes"

I looked at him again and wondered, how old is this guy? He looks too old to be single, but our mothers wouldn't have shamelessly set us up if he was married.. Or maybe it's just the chubbiness adding years to his physique?

"I don't believe you" I told him.

"They say when preparation meets opportunity history is made" he responded.

"Oh l see" l sighed, contemplating within me when would be the best time to tell him not to consider me as a potential opportunity because l was happily taken.

We drove silently for the rest of the journey, he mentioned he was taking us to a restaurant a little out of town and l made a mental note to mark the directions, if it was nice l would want Gilbert and l to go there too.

When he pulled up outside the restaurant l was wowed. It was a an old style English white farm house, surrounded by bright flowers and beautiful thick green trees towering above it. The trees made the sun penetrate less hence it looked a bit dark for midday and a cool breeze was flowing. It looked magical and enchanted. I was captivated.

"Hold on I'm coming to open the door for you" l heard Thuso say.

I snapped out of my marvel and said "no no don't worry l got this" and quickly stepped out and of the car.
Thuso watched me as l again took in the view.

"You like it?" He asked.

I nodded," it's breath taking."

"I hear the food is good too"

"You've never been here before?" I asked.

"Drove past it a couple of times and today l thought maybe let me try it out with you"

I smiled at him and said "if the food is bad I'm going to judge you"

He scratched his head mock nervously and we laughed. He wasn't a bad guy, l thought.

We walked inside the restaurant and it was even more beautiful than outside, were the outside looked traditional, the interior was modern and classy. Suddenly l felt under dressed, like l should have made more effort and wore a nicer outfit. I chided myself for undermining Thuso and expecting the worst from him. For the first time that day l looked at his outfit and noticed he was also dressed casual in white sneakers, grey shirt and black jeans. I was relieved he wasn't dressed up fancy either and l had to admit to myself, he was actually looking good.

Ntando snap out of it, l chided myself again, the plan is to kill this guy's hopes for a relationship with you, not to start identifying likeable things about him.

A waiter took us through the restaurant and offered us a table that was right next to a man made pond, l couldn't believe the place could be any more cuter. I stood infront of the pond to see if there were any fish and yes, l spotted one, then three, then a whole swarm.

"Oh there's fish!" I exclaimed, lost in the moment as l watched them swim.

Thuso who was making his way to his chair decided to come over and stand behind me a little too close, l could feel his breath on my skin as he lowered his head to my neck and one of his arms circled my waist, "and there are ducks too"