9/ let me know

2 weeks later
——————-

It's been two weeks since I heard those three words from Marshall.
"I love you"
Two weeks.

At first, I thought that he just said it because of the "after sex" euphoria.
I thought that he didn't really mean it.

But he meant it.
I'm getting used to the fact that I'm going to wake up next to him very often.
I can't complain.
It's been a while since Marshall done his "bye bye-see you in a few days" thing, and I was happy about that. We've spent a lot of time together.

We've done a lot of things together.
Slept together.
Argued together.
Went out together.
A lot of things.

I woke up this morning.
His body right next to me.
His chest rising up and down with his every breath.
Just watching him sleep makes me feel better.
Makes my life feel better.
Peaceful.

But I also couldn't stop thinking about what I've heard once when I was on my way back home. Those two guys talking in the hallway about Marshall. They said that he's a pain in the ass. And mentioned some 'shelter'

The Shelter? That could be anything.
Anything and I still know nothing.

What if he's in a danger?
What if someone wants to hurt him?
If's, maybe's, could-have-been's.

"Babe, what's up?" Marshall mumbled and rubbed his tired eyes.
"What? Nothing"
"Nothing? You didn't move for like five minutes straight" he chuckled and took his hand in mine. I didn't say anything back.

"Talk to me. I need to know what's wrong with my peach" Marshall sat on the bed against me.
"Nothing's wrong, Marshall. Trust me"
"Is it that Evan guy you work with?" he's concerned now.
"He's good, really. Evan's no danger" I chuckled and shook my head.

Marshall raised his brows and leaned closer to me.
"Evan's good, huh?" he narrowed his eyes.
"Mmhm, really good," I said playfully.
"I think you need to feel Marshall again to remember" he whispered in my ear huskily.

In one motion he was on top of me.
He crushed his lips against mine.
I ran my hand through his short hair, down to his neck and back.
And the moment I placed my hand on his hip, he grunted in pain and interrupted our kiss.

"Damn. Fuck," he whispered and took a quick look at his hip. Then back at me and tried to kiss my lips again. Like if nothing happened.
I turned my head away.
"What's wrong with your hip? Let me take a look"
I didn't give him a chance to say anything back.
There was a purple bruise on his hip.

"What's that Marshall?" I pointed at his bruise.
"A bruise? I'm not gonna die, don't worry"
"How did it happen to you?" maybe I was overreacting.
"I just ran into this machine at work. No big deal" he shrugged. "Now come here, I have some unfinished business with you, lady"
I wasn't in the mood anymore.
"Then you gotta wait. I'm hungry" I hissed and got up.
"It's just a bruise yo. That happens"
"Yeah, sure. It looks pretty fresh, and the last time you've been at work was like a week ago"

Marshall shifted his eyes quickly.

"See?" with no other words I made my way out of the bedroom to his kitchen. Marshall's fridge was almost empty, so I knew I gotta do some shopping later. There was enough for two sandwiches maybe.

I was almost done with making us a breakfast when Marshall came and hugged me from behind. His face buried in my hair.

"You know I love you?" he murmured against my neck.
I just nodded my head yes.
"I really fucking do, Tanya. You have no idea" he sent a shiver down my spine. I could feel his hardness pressed against my lower back. But I ignored it.
"I know, Marshall" I sighed and his grip tightened. He was hoping for a different answer.
"I just can't be in a dishonest relationship"
I could hear his frown.
"Dishonest? What the fuck is dishonest?" he had a hint of irritation in his voice.
"You are dishonest. I know you are keeping away something from me" I turned my body at him.
"You don't need to know everything. I'm doing it for your own good, trust me. I'm doing it for us" he put his hand on my shoulders.
"For my own good? Are you serious right now?" I narrowed my eyes.
"I'll tell you when it will be necessary, okay?" he tried to calm me down. Tried.

I took a deep breath and decided to trust him. "Alright, but let me know if you'll ever be in danger. I need to know, Marshall. I need you" I placed my hand on his chest and looked him straight in eyes.

"I will. You ain't gonna get rid of me. I'm your definition of forever" he placed a soft kiss on my forehead and pulled me in a tight hug.

We've spent our whole day with watching some sitcoms on Marshall's old television.

My eyes felt tired and eyelids heavy. I must've fallen asleep because I woke up in bed.
The only light in the room was the moonlight.

The only person who was in bed was me.
Marshall was gone.