Safe Haven

Merle held out his hands to push Jasmine up high enough to swing a leg over the fence.

"Jasmine," Daryl said, worry clear in his voice, "I don't think this is a good idea."

"Shut up Daryl" Merle said, giving Jasmine a last push.

Jasmine jumped down on the other side and held her knife tight in her fist. She stabbed the first walker in the head, dropping it immediately and kicking another. After it was down, she stomped it's head, cringing at the squelch it made. ​​​​​​

The others bean to yell, causing more walkers towards the gate where they stabbed them. She paid no mind to their yelling, just going through the walkers like a woman possessed. She loved the adrenaline she got from the kills, the almost powerful feeling and peacefulness that allowed her anger to rush away. Jasmine ran towards a lone walker, not noticing another advancing quickly upon her.

She managed to stab the first one in the head and then felt hands on her neck pulling her backwards. She flung her weight towards the dead attacker and forced it backwards onto the ground. Flipping quickly, she managed to shove the knife into the walkers eyeball, feeling it relax and the hand on her neck go limp. She shoved herself up and sighed, looking around. It took her ten minutes and she had only killed about 13 walkers, with 10 more bodies by the gates that the others had killed.

Jasmine walked towards the hut where the security guard would sit to open the gate and allow people in. She pushed a button and was relieved when it open. Merle gave a whoop and picked up Jasmine, swinging her around.

"Ye did it!" He said happily and while the others stared at him, not expecting this side of the burly man, Jasmine only laughed. Daryl watched his brother with his girl, Hell what was he saying. Jasmine wasn't his girl, but he damn wanted her to be.

"If the gates still opened by electricity, that means there has to be a source somewhere!" Beth yelled, excited.

"Don't get yer hopes up." Daryl muttered nastily and went towards Jasmine's truck to get his bike down.

"Alright everyone, bring the cars in and we can get situated." Rick commanded and almost everyone followed, leaving Jasmine with the children. ​​​​​​​​​​

She looked around and saw that there was 6 houses- no mansions​, here. She smiled, feeling exhilarated about the new home they could have.

The others brought the vehicles in and found to their astonishment, a pool beside the courtyard where they could park all the cars. There was a large shed that they could store the tents and extra supplies they no longer needed for the time being.

Maggie and Glenn giggled once Rick said that people could pick out the houses they wanted to live in and make sure they were walker free before bringing their things in. Beth stayed with the children while everyone separated. Rick, Lori, Sophia, and Carl would take the first house on the left with a brown roof. Shane, Glenn, and T-dog took a house to themselves, but everyone know Maggie and Beth would be sleeping over with them to be with Glenn and Shane. Maggie, Beth, Bentley, and Herschel would take the next one. Bentley deciding to stay with them because he took an immediate liking to the young blonde. Bentley was distraught though, because he wanted to stay with Jasmine but Daryl scared him. He would just have to see her during the days. Daryl, Merle, Jasmine, and Brady would take the one next to them, much to Daryl's disappointment. He wanted to be farther away from the group but Rick said they have to stick close together. ​​​​​

Everyone but the children and Beth went inside their houses to check out the inside and see if any threats were inside.

Jasmine looked around the house, seeing a huge staircase leading upstairs to the left of the door. Beyond that was a living room with a bathroom connected, the kitchen​​​​ and dining room, a pantry, and a door leading to the basement. Merle went downstairs and Daryl stayed on the main level while Jasmine went upstairs to search. There was a master bedroom suite including a huge bathroom, a children's room with a bunk bed and a toy room, and two extra bedrooms, each with their own bathroom. There was also a bathroom in the hall next to the children's room. The house amazingly was walker free and no stench of death anywhere inside. Merle also yelled that the basement had a living room, a bathroom, another bedroom, and a large storage room. He yelled that the living room came with a bar, holding many different type of alcohol.

They ventured back outside and brought Jasmine's truck to the little circle driveway in front of the house. ​​Beginning to unload all their supplies, Jasmine and Merle fought over the master bedroom.

"Fine. I'll sleep downstairs wit tha booze!" Merle said grinning.

Jasmine just shook her head and laughed, leaving Daryl to glare at the ground.

The group announced that their houses were all clear, only having two walkers all together. they closed the front gates and then retreated to their homes, happy and feeling light without the burden of the world for the night.

Jasmine took her stuff upstairs and found that the water still worked much to her delight.

"The water works!" She said squealing in happiness.

She then decided to be impractical and gather all the dirty clothes from her and the guys, finding that the washer would work as well. Grinning she threw the clothes in and ​​​​​​​​​​​​started it.

"This feels so normal!" Brady said happily as he ran through the house with an airplane in his hands.

Jasmine saw that a pair of double doors led outside from the main bedroom, onto a balcony. She smiled and sat down, enjoying the sunset. Then after an hour of just sitting there, she decided to get a shower.​​​​

Daryl heard the washer and then the shower start a little while later. He smiled to himself, knowing that this could be the place they could call home. He checked the pantry and found it almost fully stocked with food and also checked the fridge, excited that it was actually still running and almost everything was still good. 

Daryl went outside to see Rick just sitting there enjoying some peace.

"We have electric and runnin' water." Rick said smiling.

"Yea, us too. There's solar panels on top the houses." Shane said, joining them.

"That was a good call of Jasmine." Rick said, grinning like a fool. ​​​​​​​​​​

Daryl nodded, "This could be home." ​​

"The pantry is full and everything! The electric and water work!" Beth squealed in happiness, running over to Shane and jumping on him. They all laughed at her excitement, knowing they each felt the same way inside.

After awhile of idle chatter between the men, they each went inside and began to relax. Daryl went upstairs trying to decide which room he wanted and saw Jasmine walk out of her room. She was only in a towel and was moving towards the laundry room to put the clothes in the dryer. He went to walk past her but she called his name and he stopped.

"Umm, I know we aren't really on speaking terms but do you think you can sleep with me tonight. This house is just so big and I'm used to people being right next to me and-" Jasmine was saying, looking at the ground, her face beginning to redden.

"Ye ain't gotta explain. If I'm in that bed tonight, I expect to be there every night." Daryl said grinning.

She smiled and nodded and he hauled his rucksack onto his back and walked into the master suite. He put his stuff on the floor beside the bed, deciding to unpack tomorrow. All he wanted was a shower and then to curl up in the bed beside Jasmine.

As Daryl walked into the shower, Jasmine went into the room to change into some pajamas. Daryl walked back in, seeing her buck naked and was awed at her beauty. Yes, he felt the same urge all men felt looking at a woman they wanted, but he just couldn't help but stare at how beautiful she looked. Her hair wet and hanging down her bare back. The lion tattoo she had on her back staring at him. Her long legs, tan but with some bruises. Her ribs showed slightly above her sleek stomach. ​​He was about to look at her chest but stopped himself, clearing his throat and turning around.

"Uh, where's the towels?" ​​He called out and Jasmine jumped, not hearing him. Seeing as his back was to her, she didn't immediately jump to cover up.

"There's a closet in the bathroom with medicine and towels." She said and he nodded and walked back into the bathroom.

By the time Daryl was finished in the shower, finally and happily clean, Jasmine was asleep in only a sports bra and shorts. He climbed into the bed beside her in just his boxers and stared at her pretty face. Man he was such a pussy. He thought to himself as he then proceeded to pull her body to his and hold her as he fell asleep, content for the first time since this hell started.  ​​