Awkward

I followed the man-Daryl-into the tent and he zipped it closed behind me. I stood awkwardly as he walked towards the sleeping bag with the crossbow on top of it. He looked back at me and then looked at Merle, who's back was turned to us.

"Jus let er sleep in the bag wit ya" Merle's voice floated towards us, scaring me.

I didn't feel too safe sitting in a tent with two men I don't know. I've only just met Merle and he saved my life twice and I have only seen his brother for the first time all of 10 minutes ago.

I blushed carefully at Daryl. "Uh, maybe i'll just sleep in my truck"

I turned to leave but Merle's voice stopped me again. "Hell ye will. Yer old man will hurt ya even more. Now that I'm round, I aim ta stop 'im. So jus get yer pretty lil ass in the bag and go ta sleep"

Daryl sighed and tore his boots off. He scooted into the bag and slid all the way towards the wall. He held it open for me and I again looked to the door for an escape.

"I'm not gonna hurt ya" Daryl whispered quietly.

That must have been all I needed for reassurance as I began to take off my boots. I walked carefully over to the bag and slid in. Daryl reached over and zipped it up and then scooted as far as he could away from me. I shifted uncomfortably, wishing I wasn't in this predicament.

"Goodnight Merle, Daryl" I whispered.

"Night sweet-tits" Merle's voice called over to me.

Daryl just grunted in reply and soon I was fighting sleep. I wasn't too sure if I could fall asleep right now because what if they tried to hurt me?

That was my last thought as I finally fell asleep.

I woke up close to dawn, feeling very relaxed and warm. As I opened my eyes, I realized I was facing a strong chest and hearing soft snoring in my ear. I felt a heavy weight around my waist and stiffened.

Oh god, he's going to hurt me. I was scared but then I realized I was being stupid. He was asleep, this is an accident, he wont hurt me.

I leaned back a little to study this man's face. He was handsome in a rugged way. He had brown hair that hung over his forehead and was long enough to go passed his ears. He had a strong jawline and lips that looked thin but still seemed plump. His shirt was open a little at the collar and it was also sleeveless. I stared at his arms, noticing how nice his muscles looked and how I was almost happy to have his arm around me.

Suddenly, his arm pulled me closer and I tried to stay quiet as I was about to squeak in fear. His arm around me was almost possessive and I felt him inhale the scent of my hair. He must be awake.

His eyes slowly opened and I marveled at the quality of blue. There almost seemed to be no end to the depth of his eyes and I stared into them. They were so shockingly beautiful and I got lost in them. The eyelashes around them were also dark and longer in length. They framed his eyes perfectly-oh god what am I thinking?

"Mornin'" He mumbled, closing his eyes again.

Then he snapped his eyes back open and retracted his hand quickly from around me. He almost seemed to be blushing as he tried to get distance between us.

"Sorry I-uh didn't uh" He tried to stutter out and I just quickly turned around and unzipped the bag. I got up and grabbed my boots, all but running out of the tent.

I don't know what I was thinking. I couldn't be close to a man. All men just want to hurt others.

It was just becoming light out and I decided to go down to the lake again to wash up. I took a knife this time and looked around my surroundings, checking twice to make sure I was alone. I then shed my clothes and jumped into the water, washing my body quickly. I washed my hair as fast as I could and then got out. The water was too cold to stay in for long.

I got dressed in new clothes and wandered back up to the camp. I dried my hair and left it down, hoping for it to hide my marked up face a little bit.

Lori was cooking food and smiled gently at me as I walked up.

"Would you like some help?" I asked.

She shook her head, "No I've got it. Thank you though"

She handed me a bowl with some oatmeal in it and I sat down on a log near the fire. Shane sat beside me and tried to chit chat. After he saw that I really wasn't in the mood for small talk, he got right to the point.

"Some are making a run into the city today for supplies and I would like to know if you wanted to go." He said, looking at my cheek and then looking down.

I nodded and smiled at him. "Yeah, I want to prove my worth"

He smiled back, "Great. Get whatever you need ready, you will be leaving in an hour."

AUTHORS NOTE

Sorry this one was short. Please let me know what you guys think(: