The Run

We decided to take my truck, having more room in it. Lincoln helped me to take the things out of the bed of it and the twins car seats out of the backseat.

"Take care of em for me" I said.

"You got it. Come back safe" He replied, hugging me tightly before I got into the drivers seat.

Glenn, Daryl, Andrea, and Merle all got into the truck after me. Merle upfront with me and the others in the back.

"Aright, so what's on the list?" Andrea asked us.

Glenn pulled out a list and read it off as I began to drive towards the city.

"Canned goods, batteries, clothes, Dale asked for a book or two if we come across any, and I want to hit a hunting store."

"Good plan. I need some clothes for Linc. Plus the hunting store will have flashlights and I can grab a tent" I replied, perking up at the idea of my own tent.

I got onto the highway, seeing the city in the distance. Merle turned the radio on and the Shinedown cd I had in started to play Simple Man.

Merle started to laugh, "How'd ya know this was me favorite"

He began to sing along, his voice not sounding bad at all.

"Ya sound like a dyin cat" Daryl said from the backseat and I started to laugh.

"Shut up Darylina!" Merle scoffed.

He began to go threw my cd's, looking for something else. Before he could change the cd, we arrived at the city.

"We're here" I told the group as I turned the truck off. I pocketed the keys and grabbed my bow and the quiver. I also put the .44 magnum in the back of my pants waist. I saw the guys looking at me in shock and Andrea smiling at the heat I had packed.

"What" I demanded.

"nothing" Glenn said smiling.

"It's so crazy how when your around your father you refuse to talk and you seem so meek but out here your like a badass" Andrea whispered to me.

I frowned but I knew she was right. I'm quiet because of my father. I don't want to cause problems.

I pulled an old book bag across my back and turned to the group.

"'ight. The plan is ta go to the grocery first. then ta the clothin shit, then the huntin store" Merle said, appointing him the leader for this mission.

I nodded and began walking, looking around for any walkers.

The coast was clear so far, but I knew it wouldn't remain that way for long. We made our way into the grocery store and went our separate ways to clear it out of anything. I only saw two walkers and I easily took them down with my knife. I walked to the canned food section and saw that it was mostly intact, seemingly to haven't been looted.

Daryl and Merle made it to the section and Meryl hooted.

"Look how good we are making out" Andrea said smiling.

"Just watch our backs" Merle said, making Andrea and Daryl turn around. Where was Glenn?

I began to shove cans into my bag not paying any attention to what they were. I did make sure to get plenty cans of green beans though. I love green beans.

Glenn came running around the time I had my pack and Merle's full. He smiled and showed me the books he had grabbed.

"I heard Lincoln saying you liked to read so I got you some as well." Glenn said smiling at me as he pointed at his pack.