Will She Live?

Daryl reached Jasmine and grabbed her in his arms. He looked for her injury but couldn't find anything with the clothes she had on, the water she had been dumped into made them too dark to see any blood. He quickly peeled her shirt off and in his shock he also noticed it was in fact his flannel she had on.

The wound forgotten for a moment, he stared down at the brunette on his lap. She was pale but still beautiful in her weakened state. Her hair was drying slightly but still wet against her cheeks. She was light as a feather and the tank top she wore under the flannel clung to her like a second skin. She still had curves in all the right places, despite being skinny. Daryl felt his emotions begin to thaw a little bit as he saw the blood on his fingertips. This woman had made him care and Daryl would be damned if he lost her so soon.

He ripped her tank top off and saw the gun shot wound grotesquely placed underneath her ribs. He moved to pick her up and heard a choking sob that didn't seem to come from her. Daryl turned around and saw Rick staring at something over his shoulder. Turning back around, Daryl then saw the missing boy laying on the ground, blood staining his white shirt.

"Oh dear god" Daryl murmured as Rick started to sob. Shane grabbed Carl's body and they all began to hurry towards the farmhouse.

"Daddy!" Maggie yelled for her father as she slammed the door open for the group. Shane was in the lead but Daryl wasn't far behind, the broken battered girl in his arms.

"Patricia! I need iv's and bandages-a lot of them! Put them in that bed there, it'll be better to work with them close together." Hershel ordered.

Jasmine and Carl's bodies were soon laid down on the bed and the wounds displayed for everyone to see. Beth gasped as she saw the damage and even Daryl cringed a little bit.

"Well it appears it nearly went clean through Jasmine. There's a fragment in her body still. She slowed the bullet down considerably before it impacted Carl. The bullet fragments are all lodged in different places though." Hershel told Rick, Shane, and Daryl as he pressed a cloth to Jasmine's stomach.

Carl's stomach had 3 individual wounds in it, each belonging to a bullet fragment. Looking at Jasmine though, she looked to be in worse condition. The wound was right under her ribs on the left side. It was seeping huge amounts of blood and there was bruising all across her ribs.

Daryl went out of the room, not being able to bear seeing her in such a state. She wasn't moving at all, not even a flicker behind her eyelids. Yeah, it was sad that that little boy got hurt, but Daryl would rather it be just the little boy. Merle walked into the room holding a crying Brady.

"I can't lose everybody Mr. Merle." Brady's tiny voice cracked on his sobs. He struggled until Merle put him down and then ran to Daryl. He threw himself in his arms and Daryl immediately stiffened. The boy didn't noticed as he sobbed into his shoulder and slow as can be, Daryl brought his arm up and rubbed the boys back.

"It'll be 'ight. She ain't goin nowhere." Daryl said.

"Ye still got us here." Merle said, but that only made Brady seem to cry harder.

The front door slammed open and Lori ran in. She flew into the bedroom and almost fainted at the sight. Her little boy was laying there with wounds in his chest.

"Oh no, not my baby. No!" She cried as Rick grabbed her into his arms and rocked her.

Daryl nearly growled. No one seemed to be too worried about Jasmine and she had the worst of it!

"I'll go now to get the things Carl needs." Shane's voice could be heard replying back to Hershel.

"Carl and Jasmine!" Merle yelled and Shane softened slightly and then shot him an angered look.

"Carl and Jasmine." Shane corrected.

Shane went out the door with the man they called Otis.

"Oh pretty boy." Merle called after Shane.

Shane turned, shooting an annoyed glare at Merle.

"Ye best hope that ya come back quick like. I ain't got no time ta be findin ya to kill ya for making honeypouch suffer." Merle said and Shane got slightly pale. "Matter a fact, ima come wit ya."

Merle clambered in the back of the pick up and they soon were off.

Daryl smiled faintly at the fact that the boy was still in his arms, looking to him for comfort. He was a little uncomfortable but he would deal with it.

"I know you like Jas. Just please don't hurt her like my daddy did." Brady's quivering voice broke through Daryl's thoughts.

"Never." Daryl vowed.

Daryl wouldn't question how Brady knew he felt some type of way towards his older sister. He knew the young boy was too smart for his own good.

Brady looked up at Daryl with glistening baby blue eyes.

"Will she live?"