**CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN**

Reyna's POV

Charlotte Jackson was getting married. It was going to be along the lake where they first met all those years ago.

When Annabeth and Butch had crashed into the lake.

Annabeth had told me that it was love at first sight. They had glanced at each other and they knew it deep down. They were going to fall in love with this person, or at least grow a close bond.

Charlotte was sitting on the ground thinking to herself, her hand on Nico's kindly. Mind you, we were all sitting on the ground.

"Okay, Annabeth?" Piper began. Annabeth's head peeked up. "Truth or Dare?" Piper asked with a mischievous smirk. "Truth," Annabeth said.

"Is it true that... you and Percy are having a baby?" Piper shrugged. "Yes," Annabeth chuckled. Her stomach had grown since the last time I saw her, she even had to sit on a chair. Other than sitting on the floor.

"Reyna?"

"Yes, Annabeth?" I asked. "Truth or Dare?"

"Dare," I said proudly. "I dare you to come and feel the baby bump," Annabeth chuckled. I chuckled nervously. I was scared of hurting Annabeth and/or the baby, even though I probably wouldn't be able to. Yet I still couldn't bring myself to approach her.

I sighed and stood up. I put my hand on Annabeth's stomach and chuckled nervously. "See? Nothing's going wrong," Annabeth smiled. I felt something hit my hand and I pulled back quickly.

"I told you! I did something!" I said. "No, you're okay. The baby is just kicking slightly," Annabeth winced slightly.

"Oh..."

"Well, Charlotte?"

"Yeah?" Charlotte asked, her bachelorette tiara thing tilting to the side as she lifted her head up quickly. She chuckled and went to fix it. "Nonono! It suits you," Piper chuckled. She rested her hand back on Nico's and smiled.

"Anyway, truth or dare?" I asked. "Dare," she smirked. "I dare you to tell us what you felt the day you met Valdez," I smirked. She went wide-eyed and blushed nervously. She stammered.

"Well, when I stepped out of the water and saw Leo standing there, I felt my heart jolt. I knew that there would be something there, friendship or something more. I don't know. I just had sort of this feeling that we would be close," she smiled. I nodded, pleased with her response.

"Neeks?" She asked Nico, who was looking down, smiling slightly to himself. "Yeah, what's up?" he asked. "Truth or Dare, mio caro?" she asked kindly. "Dare."

"I dare you to... give me a hug whenever you see me for the next week," she shrugged.

I smiled. They looked like they could be brother and sister. Same black ruffled hair and curious personality. The only thing was, Charlotte had blue eyes and Nico had soft brown eyes.

Nico rolled his eyes, though he didn't seem to phased by the dare. He leaned in and hugged Charlotte tightly. She hugged him back and Nico melted into the hug. "I love your hugs, little brother..." Charlotte smiled. Nico pulled away and looked at her. "And I love my sisters," Nico smiled back. That was probably the first time I've seen Nico so happy, other than with his 'significant annoyance' Will.

"Anyway! Before we get all mushy before the actual wedding, let's keep playing," Nico shook his head. Charlotte smiled and shook her head lightly.

Two Hours Later

Annabeth was beaming, due to a dare she had to do.

'Smile throughout the next round'.

"Um, Nico!" Piper cheered, talking in a British accent.

'Talk in an accent for the next round'.

"Yeah?"

"I dare you to sing and dance in front of Charlotte. In honor of her wedding," Piper chuckled. "I didn't even say truth or dare!" Nico exclaimed.

"Too late, mate," Piper smirked.

Nico stood up and started to dance, but someone hurried in. "Charlotte, your kid needs you," Will said chuckling. Charlotte rolled her eyes and walked to the door. "Ugh, I'm coming! Nico, you still owe me that dare!" She laughed, then beamed and Will and walked out.

Charlotte's POV

I walked to my house and opened the door quietly. Leo's soft whines the only noise in the house. I walked into the room and sat on the bed, by Leo. "Leo? Are you okay?" I asked, grabbing his hand carefully and rubbing it with my thumb. He sighed and smiled softly.

"Charlotte..." he purred, moving the blankets off of himself. He pulled my hand, making me fall forwards on top of him. He wrapped his arms around me protectively and hummed, putting the blanket over me. I rolled my eyes and soon dozed off.

Later

I woke up, due to the cold. I shivered and held Leo closer. The blanket wasn't doing any good, the cold was there and it wasn't very comfortable. I shivered again.

Leo groaned and started to radiate heat.

I sighed and melted into Leo's embrace. "Thank you Leo..." I smiled, whispering. He smiled in his sleep and moved his hand to my back, making me feel warm and safe.

"I love you," I said softly. I pecked his nose and laid my head back down on his chest.

I loved Leo. He was my light in the darkness that is being a demigod. He was warmth in the cold. He was humor fighting away the sadness. I couldn't wait to marry this man!

Thankfully, I only had to wait 2 more days!