**CHAPTER SEVEN**

Charlotte's POV

Nico and I shadow-traveled to the Underworld. Nico wobbled slightly, feeling drained.

Hades passed us, not noticing his kid and a ghostly figure standing near him.

Nico coughed forcefully. Hades turned toward us "Nico? Iris?"

"Iris? Excuse-"

"Hello Father..."

"What can I help you with?" Hades asked. "If you couldn't tell, my best friend is a ghost. I was wondering if somehow... you could have a cure," Nico scoffed slightly.

"Hmm..."

"Ghost..." he examined my aura. "It's the Twin Empathy Link, you Jackson kids have..."

"No really?" Nico and I said in unison.

"I could help you be visible to the others.. but I can't cure it completely."

"Perseus'll have to take off this charm he has on," Hades said bluntly.

"What'll help?" Nico asked.

"Like all fairy tales, a kiss or form of affection will fix it..." Hades gagged slightly.

"But you only have... 3 minutes until nothing can help," Hades yawned.

"WHAT?!"

"Nico, c'mon! Let's go get Leo or something!" I said, not feeling odd about getting to kiss Leo.

Nico groaned slightly. "Oh no..." I sighed.

"Let me guess..." I closed my eyes "You drained your energy..."

Nico nodded slowly.

"2 minutes."

"Argh!"

"Nico," I said. He hummed, sitting on the floor. "I bet you know what we have to do..."

"Nico. I'm not going to kiss you, you're like my other half. I couldn't stand putting that burden on you..."

Nico shushed me. "I love you. You're like my sister. I'll do anything to ease any of your pain... Even kiss you."

"Nico. I'm sorry. I'm not going to do this."

Third Person POV

(Remember that Nico can see her...)

"1 minute!"

"It'll be weird..."

"I'm not going to do this!"

"Charlotte! I love you like a sister. I can't imagine the others not being able to see you. Not being able to see how special you are," Nico scolded, affectionately.

"Aww Neeks. I love you, too," she wrapped her arms around him, and kissed the top of his head.

He nuzzled into her embrace.

After a while, Charlotte became visible and not only to Nico and Hades.

"Yuck! I guess you guys have invented a new type of affection," Hades gagged.

"I guess we did," Nico smiled softly, taking in Charlotte's warmth.

"I hope you're happy, Hades." Charlotte hissed. "I'm ecstatic..." Hades said in a monotone voice.

Charlotte pulled away from the embrace carefully and ruffled his hair.

It had seemed as if Charlotte's hyper energy had transferred to Nico. He jumped up and flipped, landing perfectly on his feet.

"How? How? What!"

"I've always been flexible..."

"..."

"We should get going..." Nico insisted.

Nico locked his arm in Charlotte's, lifting her up and shadow-traveled back to the Argo II.

They popped into the Mess Hall, causing Frank to jump close to the ceiling.

"Charlie!" Leo and Frank looked at her.

"Lottie?" Piper, Jason, and Hazel asked worriedly.

Charlotte's POV

I looked down at myself and inhaled sharply.

My shirt was ripped across my stomach. I looked over at my arms, they were beyond pale.

"I guess Percy has a cut somewhere on him," I sighed. Nico and I had explained what happened, everyone seeming interested.

"How did you get back to normal?" Hazel asked. "Nico and I had to give each other a form of affection," I shrugged.

Leo's hand burst into flames.

"Leo." Piper said sternly.

He sighed and his hand went out. "Nico and I hugged for a little bit. Then I was visible..."

"Well... we need to make our way to find that stupid sceptre," Nico interrupted. Everyone nodded.

I looked at Leo and we locked eyes. We 'talked' through our eye contact.

What's wrong?

It's nothing.

Okay. If you need someone to talk to I'm here.

And of course, that's when everything went downhill.