**CHAPTER TWENTY**

Leo's POV

When I first heard 'Baby Project' come out of Mrs. Amare's mouth, I'm not gonna lie. I got the wrong impression and ended up getting smacked upside the head by Charlotte.

I rubbed my head. "Aw, come on! I would love to do the 'Baby Project' with you!" I smirked. "Leo, we're 17!" she scolded.

I chuckled. She kept a stern look, but then her lips started to twitch upward. "Argh! I can't stay mad at you anymore!" She whined. She plopped down in her seat next to mine.

"Settle down now, students. I'm going to allow you to choose your partners, but know that taking care of a child is a big responsibility and it most definitely affect your relationship. Trust me..." Mrs. Amare warned. A girl in the back raised her hand high "Is the child going to be real or a robot?"

"Ah, well of course it's going to be fake!" she looked at Charlotte and I with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "In a bit, I'm going to take a saliva sample from you and your partners and have specialist create your robot baby. It'll have a combination of your DNA."

"Ma'am?" Charlotte raised her hand. "Yes, dearie?" Charlotte put her hand down and asked "How long until we get our babies? And! How long do we have to spend on the project?"

"Ah well, maybe by next week. And it's going to last until after Christmas Break," Mrs. Amare smirked. Everyone whined.

"And know that if the baby gets destroyed, it'll send a signal to me and I'll know to fail you. Take care of it as if it was real..." Mrs. Amare scolded. Everyone nodded.

"Don't neglect it. Pay attention to your child," she looked at us again. I furrowed my eyebrows.

She walked around the room and put a cotton swab in our mouths, putting them away safely. I spit out a couple pieces of cotton.

The bell rang.

I stood up and grabbed my backpack. Charlotte sat quietly, as if she were pondering.

"C'mon, mi amor..." I put my hand on hers. She looked up at me, "My Spidey senses are tingling.."

"You're not Spiderman, let's go..." I joked. She got up and furrowed her eyebrows, "Yeah, nothing's wrong..."

We walked back to our dorm, hand in hand.

The Next Week

Mrs. A was at a large table, in the back, when we walked into her classroom. She stood next to baby carriers with strollers and baby bags next to them. She looked at me and smiled brightly. "Welcome... students!" She presented the students to their babies. Charlotte and I wandered to a carrier signed as 'Charleo'. I cringed, the sign seemed really extra. There were stars all around the sign and it had purple hearts all over the place. I rolled my eyes and walked closer to the carrier.

I looked down into the baby carrier and my heart sank. "Oh, my gods..." I said looking down at my 'son'.

A baby wrapped in a purple blanket, with the little male sign pinned on it, was sleeping peacefully.

He looked like me. Same curls, lightly tanned, and slightly pointed ears. His eyes fluttered opened and my heart dropped again. He had his mother's blue eyes, the same eyes I loved so much.

Charlotte looked down at the baby and looked on the verge of tears.

"For this class time, you'll begin your project. Get to know your children," Mrs. A smiled brightly.

I blinked and saw an older Charlotte in the teacher's place for a split second. I turned back to the carrier and almost screamed. "Where? Where! Oh-"

Charlotte was cradling the baby in her arms, humming a lullaby I somewhat recognized. "He looks like you," Charlotte smiled. "Yeah, but he's got his beautiful mom's beautiful blue-green eyes," I smirked. Charlotte shook her head.