Skin of the Night, by clairedbennett

Description:

"I'm sorry, have we met before?" I blurted out, bewildered in my tone.

His eyebrows arched before a condescending chuckle slipped out of his mouth. A look of sardonic amusement etched through his riveting features. 

"Honestly, you're interrupting our conversation, and you couldn't be more original than that, Miss? At least you could have compensated with a winner of a line. I'm disappointed. And like I said, we're not interested, so move along, would you?"

 Bewitched by the sound of his comfortable voice, it took me a few seconds to process the content. When I did, I frowned offended.

His friend groaned and shook his head beside me, clearly despaired by his companion. Could they be gay partners?

"I beg your pardon? I was being serious, you utter twat," I snapped back at him.

His eyebrows furrowed while his arresting eyes, twice, travelled up and down my body, and when they returned to mine, a crooked smile crept across his tempting mouth. From the way they had devoured my body, I eliminated the option of him being homosexual. Only a straight man could regard me with such a gleam in his eye.

"Perhaps we've slept together. But if we have, you surely weren't worth remembering," he finally answered. My lips parted with my eventual gasp. What a complete arsehole!

 ***

As a modern, liberal spirit studying the law in London, England, Cara Jane Darby is fixed on her ambitions, and has no mind for romantic pursuits. However, in the wake of their chance encounter, the blunt solicitor that is William is determined to change her mind. Together, they explore the beauty, the ugly, and everything in between, of falling in love when flaws won't give way.

 Packed with steamy scenes and cheeky dialogue, this book is sure to bring you for a ride of laughter, tears, screams and deep reflections that you won't forget anytime soon.

It's time to dispose of stereotypes.