The Ex, by P3ttyQueen

Description:

What do you do with a broken heart and a positive pregnancy test? ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. ~

Highest Rank #43~

 I sat there with a blank expression as the divorce papers clattered onto the table from the harsh placement. Looking up seeing his angry and hurt filled eyes. Not knowing how to react I sat there quiet and observing. Trying not to cry from my own self pity. 

 "Sign this and get the hell out of my life." 

Letting out one stray tear that gave away what I was really feeling like. "I didn't do it, I don't know why you won't believe me. I never abused your trust before, what has changed." My voice breaking at the end. "This isn't right I know deep down you know this isn't true." I struggled to keep my voice strong, I just needed to be. 

His eyes stayed hard not changing not even for a moment. "The picture shows me everything I need to know, your words aren't enough anymore. just sign the papers and leave please spare me more hurt from this betrayal I at least deserve that much."

 He turned and faced the window with its soft and mellow glow that shined throughout the formal office of my husband. 

 The office was beautiful it had a dark wood desk with black leather chairs to match. The carpet was an elegant red which covered the light wooden floors with its cloth. This red was also upon the curtains which were in neat folds held up by a golden colored rod. 

 I focused my eyes on the packet that had just one thing missing, my signature. With a swipe of the pen that was once in his hands, I signed it. That was just it, just like that he became my ex husband.