"He's never going to be with you, Mel. He's just using you."

"No! He is my alpha! I will protect him with my life."

"Okay." Colson shrugged. The twin raised his two hands up, his head tilted to the side and a grin on his face. He manipulated the air around him until they were curving round his arms, snake like. He gives Meg a droll look before he began to throw the water at her. They hurt on impact, slicing through the skin and making it bleed.

Cobie doesn't talk, he just watched his brother go on until Meg was on her knees, bleeding and crying. He pulls out the small black handgun he had hidden under his jeans and squats.

"Where is he, Mel?" Cobie sings as he flips off the safety and rests his finger on the trigger. "If you die now, you won't get to marry him."

"I will marry him! I will be your new mother! Your mother wasn't fit to be the Luna of a great pack, she was a fucking fish! No wonder she ran away."

Cobie doesn't hesitate and neither does Colson. Cobie shoots Mel right in the arm while Colson strangled her with the air until she passed out. The room fell quiet after that.

Cobie knee Erik was already adding it all together in his head. He turns towards his mate and found him staring with a confused expression on his face.

"Erik..."

Erik looks away from Cobie. "She isn't dead, she just passed out. Let's go."

The Alpha walked ahead of them, the tick in his jaw so obvious.

"You don't tell him." Colson said to his brother.

"I didn't. I ... didn't know how to."

"The drive back is gonna be so awkward and tense. Ugh." Colson sighed. He pats Cobie on the shoulder. "Don't worry. He'll be fine. You both will be fine."

Just like Colson predicted, the ride back to the pack house was tense and quiet. Cobie spent the whole time staring at Erik who was holding the steering wheel so tightly, his knuckles were white. As soon as they got to the house, Colson found his way to the back while Erik marched upstairs, his face stoic but Cobie already knew the Alpha so well that he could tell Erik was angry.

The Alpha made his way into the room and slammed the door shut, Cobie stood by the side waiting to hear a small click, when he doesn't, he marched right up to the door and pushed it open.

"What the fuck did you want me to say? That the Alpha chasing me is my biological father? The psycho who tried to mate with me when I was little was my actual fucking father? That the man who killed my mum and almost killed my brother was the fucking asshat who brought me into this world?" Cobie screamed, his eyes a bright red.

"It would have been damn nice to know! It would have been fucking better if I heard it from you not some beaten down white haired bimbo with poison running through her!"

Cobie pushes his fingers through his hair. "Fuck! Look Erik, I get that I should have told you."

"No, you don't. It freaking feels like you don't trust me enough. It feels like there are somethings you keep hiding." Erik snarled. The Alpha walked around the room, trying to calm down. He doesn't notice it but more strands of hair were beginning to push out of his pores. Erik doesn't notice it but Cobie does.

"You better calm the fuck down or I will have you on your ass in two seconds." He snapped at Erik who looked at him with an angry twitch in his brows.

"I'd like to see you try, Cobie."

Cobie takes a deep breath and tried to calm down. It felt like his blood was hot and could feel the anger deep within him but somewhere deep down, he knew he had to calm down, he knew he was partially at fault here. So he taps into that instead until he calmed down.