The One with the puppeteer.

"So," said Zay as we walked towards the car. "Who was the guy?"

"Who?" Asked Natasha in confusion. "The one from the gym." I motioned with my head back towards where we just came from. "Oh,"

"I don't know," Shrugged Ash, "Never seen him before,"

"Then why were you talking to him?"

"I don't know," She shrugged. "He started it." 

"They started it when they came barging in like they own the place!" She exclaimed, clearly still not over what happened. "He is hot, though," said Zay, completely overlooking the mood of the conversation.

"Really?!" I whispered, nudging her side. "What?" She mouthed, "He is," she added with a shrug.

"You're absolutely right." I said, supporting Natasha's claim, as she continued walking, oblivious to what just happened. "It's sad we have to go through all of this,"

"Especially when it's the school's name that's on the line." She added.

"It is," I nodded. "I don't think I've seen anyone as harmonious as you guys."

"And you're pretty good!" I added as I got into the car with the other two following in tow.

"You don't even watch basketball, C," Chuckled Ash in amusement. "Not the point." I smiled.

"What I mean is," I started. "You're good, and I am sure you will get noticed for your talents soon enough," I added.

"Thank you," smiled Ash, as Zayna gave me a subtle thumbs up.

...

"Why did you agree to it then?" Asked Natasha, putting her books back in her locker. "Because he asked, I shrugged as if it was the most obvious answer in the world. "You're hopeless, I swear," cried Zay with a chuckle.

"When you don't want to do something, you say NO." She added slowly as if she was explaining something to a toddler. "N O, no." She repeated.

"Okay, lay back off her Zee," Chuckled Natasha, clearly amused by the interaction. "They got to do it at some point anyway, now they can finish things early," She said, trying to make me feel better about me agreeing to work with Adam on the assignment tonight.

"Oh my god, this is dumb." I groaned loudly, banging my head on my locker. Why did I tell him yes!

"You're dumb?" I heard that sharp high voice squeak behind me, making me groan internally before making a sharp turn to look at her. "Is that supposed to be something new?" Said Kalie sarcastically, her high voice attracting the attention of some of those around us in the hall.

I didn't get a chance to replay before Ash cut in, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Cried she, taking a step forward and closer to the devil herself. "Why would there be any?" Shrugged Kalie with a smile, "Just talking to a colleague of mine, is there something wrong with you? You seem a little worked up," She added innocently making me want to punch that sweet ass smile off of her face, and I could sense the anger radiating off of Zay as she too took a step closer ready to swing her fist, but I grabbed her hands, whispering for them to stop. "Don't," I cried, clear enough for them to hear but not enough for Kalie to catch. "I see the little princess is too scared to face me, so she got herself some bodyguards," added Kalie, making my insides turn. She really knows how to play me like a puppet. She just managed to make me feel so small with just a few words.

"You really need to start minding your own business before you get your pretty little face fucked up," Cried Zay, glaring at the girl standing in front of us, ready to do as she promised, but I held her hand tighter, taking a hold of Ash's as well, for I was scared she might do something stupid.