The One with her scattered pieces.

I knew they heard about what happened the moment I took my seat next to Natasha. But I think they got the hint not to tackle the subject as Zay exclaimed rather loudly, "You should have just sat somewhere else, dude!"

"I would if I knew," argued Zack, raising his eyebrows, clearly frustrated, but I doubted she was the cause of it. Even though she is, most of the time!

"He got paired with Len." Explained the girl next to me, sensing my confusion, making me turn to look at her, "Who?" I asked not one bit less confused than I was a second ago.

"Caleb, Caleb Len," answered Zay, shaking her head like I just missed basic information I was supposed to know by heart! When he was just one of our school jocks.

"Oh!" I said, still confused, for I have never interacted with the likes of him, and I have no idea what's causing this guy's misery.

"He has a reputation for dumping his work on others," explained Ash. "And it's a tough assignment to finish alone." She added.

"We're already getting assignments?" I groaned.

"Yeah, apparently, some like to start early." Shrugged Natasha.

"What subject?" I asked.

"English." I nodded, looking back at the guy in distress.

"Why don't you ask to change partners?" I asked, "She would probably understand where you're coming from!"

"She is hell bent on refusing any partner exchange, like I know many would have died to exchange partners!" He sighed. The perks of being popular, I guess!

"I don't need to get to know anyone. It's our senior year. I only have to get to know books!" He exclaimed, and I could see Zay trying so hard to hold back her laughter next to him.

"Sit next to Adam in English. She is pairing by tables." Advised Ash. "Or you two are gonna end up like yours truly," Teased Zayna, pointing at the guy next to her, gaining herself a glare.

"Speaking of which, who is she?" Asked Zay, looking behind us, making our heads turn in the direction she was looking at, to find Adam with a tall, rather gorgeous white girl, walking towards the serving area, looking a little more giggly than usually.

Is the world conspiring against me today?

"Who the heck is she?" I whispered to no one in particular, my eyes never leaving the pair as they moved together along the line. "I would guess she is the new transfer," said Zack, making my eyes turn towards him.

"And what is he doing with her?" I asked, raising my eyebrows in confusion. He must know something if he knows who she is!

"He was assigned to show her around campus," He answered. "Oh," I muttered, sneaking a peak at the two, before turning back to my food acting nonchalant, but who am I to kid, I was far far from it.

"Hey," said the voice I know so well, in a rather happy tone, making me wanna get up and leave before anything happens, but I put a smile on my face as I greeted them anyway. "This is Senna, the new transfer student from Canada." He introduced. "These are my friends I told you about, Zack, Natasha, Zayna, and Claire." Yes, I'm his friend, Claire! Nothing more, nothing less!

We greeted her as they both took their seats on the table, still smiling like they just ate twenty bars of sour candy and they couldn't close their mouths.  And I could feel Natasha's hand squeezing my hip knowingly, so I just nodded back in affirmation. I am good! Not. 

"Adam has been telling me about you all," She said, still smiling. Oh god! Her smile is just too sweet to hate! "I couldn't wait to meet you guys." She added sweetly, "He's been talking nonstop about you all morning," she smiled.