The One with the phones for heads.

"Amees," I cried sticking my head out of my window, "Amy," I added a few seconds later when I got no answer.

I heard the creak of her window, before I saw her sleepy face emerge from between the frames. "Why? Why did I have to move here of all places?!" She cried more to herself than to me, rubbing the sleep off her eyes. I guess I should have guessed she was probably asleep when she didn't answer my calls!

"Sorry?" I offered, feeling a bit guilty for waking her up. "What's it?" She asked, still annoyed, but visibly a bit calmer now.

"I wanted to show you something," I said, smiling sheepishly at the half asleep girl standing in the window opposite to mine, as she nodded, closing her window.

I left mine open for some fresh air as I waited for her on my bed, scrolling through my Instagram feed.

"Can't you just ring the bell or something?" She exclaimed taking a seat on my bed. "You know, like a normal person!" She added as she shifted herself to face me. "What's the fun in that?" I asked as she showed me her middle finger, making me chuckle. "I did call by the way, check your phone." I chuckled before pointing at the screen of my laptop.

"A new cover?" She asked, as I nodded. "Did something happen?"

"Nothing new, just me making a pity out of myself." I shrugged, clicking play on my most recent video.

"What is it this time?" Asked she, as my face came into view.

"Just the way you are," I answered, the sound of my guitar strings already echoing through the speakers, followed by the sound of my voice.

Oh his eyes, his eyes

Make the stars look like they're not shining. His smile, his smile only one that keeps me smiling.
He's so wonderful.

When I see your face,

There's not a thing that I would change.
Cause you're amazing, Just the way you are.

And when you smile,

The whole world stops and stares for a while Cause boy you're amazing Just the way you are.

His lips, his lips

I could kiss them all day if he'd let me
His laugh, his laugh Is the only one that gets me
He's so wonderful.

Oh you know, you know, you know

I'd never ask you to change.

You know I say

When I see your face There's not a thing that I would change Cause you're amazing Just the way you are And when you smile The whole world stops and stares for a while.

Cause boy you're amazing

Just the way you are.

"And the end," I announced, pausing the video, knowing it's just me closing the recording, and I am not a big fan of seeing myself on record anyway. "What do you think?

"What happened?" She smiled knowingly.

"Not every love song I sing is about him, you know!" I shook my head in denial, but she knew better. "I would say this one is, though." She raised her eyebrows knowingly.

"Other than that, I loved it." She nodded, her eyes shifting back to my laptop screen. "Your control of the guitar while singing is improving," She added.

"What can I say, I learned from the best." I grinned. "You did, yeah." She nodded, flattering herself.

"So spill it," She said, bringing us back to our original topic. "I don't know," I said before explaining the scene exactly as I saw it. "So yeah, I made a fool out of myself." I added with a sigh.

"You know, I feel like every time I try to act nonchalant, I end up making everything worse," I chuckled half-heartedly, making her smile.

"I don't think he said it out of pity, to be honest." She said, explaining her take on the matter. "You're friends, and you were being pity, I won't lie!" She added. "I would have said the same if I was in his place, so I kind of understand where he is coming from."

"But I didn't mind going with Alex," I said. "And he didn't either. He loves you enough to do whatever it takes to make you happy, I know he does." She said. "But I also know you wanted something different. Your romantic head wouldn't have been satisfied with Alex, for either of you."

"It wasn't." I nodded in agreement. "And he most certainly didn't lie when he said anyone would be lucky to have you," She said.

"Funny you all say that,"

"Give yourself some credit, C,"

"Easy to say, hard to do." I sighed, resting my head on her shoulder.

 ...

"How is anyone supposed to get through when your fat ass is taking up the whole damn hallway?" A voice squeaked from behind, making me clutch my book a little tighter, making my fingers turn white in the process.

I reluctantly put the book in my bag, closing the locker as calmly as humanly possible, trying not to appear too bothered by the comment, before turning to face the three smirking faces and the humans with phones for heads.

A mystery I wish to uncover, is why they chose me out of the entire school body with tens heavier than I am and nerdier, but I guess it's luck and I forgot to pay for this service. "Too embarrassed to look me in the eyes?" She pouted her lips as my eyes refused to meet hers, getting a few chuckles from her two minions. I bet she would be nothing without the support of those two dumb heads!

My eyes went up to meet hers, feeling my head throb in pain, but I tried to act as unbothered as I can, it was a normal conversation for us anyway. "What do you want?" I asked, feeling my palms getting sweaty.

"Just you out of my way," She raised her eyebrows and shrugged lightly like it was the most obvious answer, when in reality there was more space in here than my entire bedroom, but I guess she wanted to play with her favorite victim today!

My inside turned in disgust at the sound of her mushy voice and fake ass smile, as she stood in front of me with her two sidekicks, the reason why my name was trending for a while when I transferred to West Side a few years back. I didn't really bother thinking much about how she treated me when I first came here, for I thought she is just a bothersome kid who likes to tease the newcomers, but little did I know I'll be dealing with her shit three years in.

The phones are still out recording our encounter as others stopped to take a look, which is pretty surprising for I thought they would get bored a few weeks in with my non-existent come backs and passive act every single time.

I know I got tired! But it's not like what she is saying is anything but true. I know I am on the chubby side, and I know I am probably taking more space than I should, but why should it bother them! It should only bother me. It's enough that it bothers me!

I ignored everyone, deciding that it was enough humiliation for one day, as I walked away, ignoring the whispers and the mocking cries as I searched for any safe place to calm my nerves with no one around. Till I landed in one of the empty bathrooms at the very back of the building where no one bothers to go, and it was pretty late for anyone to be in here anyways. Most students are probably rushing off to class, but I didn't mind being a little late.

I didn't cry, I never cry when it happens. It would only make me feel weaker than I already am. I splashed my face with some cold water, taking some deep breaths to calm myself, refusing to look myself in the mirror, before going out and back to my life.