Chapter 1- Project

"Kahl.... Kahl.... Kahl...! KAHL! SNAP OUT OF IT!" Cartman smacks Kyle snapping him out of his trance "OW! DUDE!" Kyle shouts punching Cartman in the shoulder. "You're welcome ass wipe." Cartman says rubbing his bruised shoulder.

"Dude, you alright? We've been trying to talk to you for the last thirty minutes." Stan pipes looking at Kyle concerned. Kyle looks around, they are all surrounding his table in the living room, Cartman to his left, Kenny to his right, and Stan right in front of him. Kyle looks down at the table rubbing the back of his neck staring down the project before him. "Uhh... yeah sorry about that--" Kyle looks back at Stan giving him a sheepish smile. "I guess my mind was somewhere else."

"Yeah, cloud nine." Kenny chuckles to himself. "You are always on cloud nine Kenny." Cartman taunts as Kenny gives Cartman a glare in return. "What has you so preoccupied? You have been dazing left and right all day today--is something on your mind?" Stan asks cocking his head. "Honestly, I'm not sure. Just lately I haven't been very focused..." "Yeah, you even stared at fatass over there for five minutes." Kenny piped nudging Kyle's shoulder.

"What?! Really??" Kyle couldn't help but feel a bit embarrassed. He glanced over at Cartman who had a smug look on his face. "What's the matter Kahl? Cat got your tongue?" "Stuff it fatass." Kenny and Stan shared a glance at one another, Kenny smiled and Stan looked more than concerned--perhaps a bit confused as well.

"Anyway, can we start on the stupid project now that the Jew as finally came to his senses?" Cartman yawns--resting his elbows on the table with his head in his hands. "Oh no no, I am NOT doing this alone again. I always do most of the work while you sit on the couch and do nothing but eat. Its no wonder you're so god damn fat." "AY! I'M NOT FAT I'M BIG BONED!" "Then you must have a big bone in your ass then, because its fucking HUGE!"

"Ohh, Kyle just admitted checking out my ass guys." "WHAT?!" "You just said I have a huge ass. Thus stating you have been checking it out--other words you have been checking me out. I must say I'm flattered. I can make a straight guy gay."

"Just like your mom." Kenny smirked, Cartman glared at him. "Kenny, I swear to god if you mention my mother again I will fucking kill you." "Its not like I haven't died before." Kenny lays his head on the table patting the paper in front of them. "Can we just do this please?"

"Yeah, I agree, we have been sitting here doing nothing for far too long." Stan nods glossing over Kyle and Cartman whom seem to be having a stare down. You could feel the fire between them. "Just fuck and get it over with." Kenny mumbled from the table. Kyle and Cartman glared at Kenny. 

"Okay, okay, lets stop this and get to work. We only have..." Stan checks his watch. "About ten hours to complete this. The professor wouldn't be happy if it was just Kyle's writing again, nor would he be happy if it wasn't even done--hell he would have our asses if it was barely finished."

"Yeah... I rather not have Prof. Asswipe put me in a locker again. Where the hell did he even have that locker? He just brought it out of nowhere." Cartman strokes his chin in bewilderment. Last time the boys worked on a project together--Kyle did most of the work and went of with the presentation. Cartman did none of the work and as Kyle said: He just sat there eating chips on the couch as they worked on the project. Kenny did the art and Stan went and did the research while Kyle helped with both research and writing for he has the best handwriting out of them all--that is if he writes slowly.

The last project was about the political debate. This one is about pride and if the people who are about pride should show it off with parades or not--basic pride stuff that most people don't like.  "Well, we don't have much time, we need to--" "Hold it right there Kahl, you don't know shit about pride--I however--do." Cartman interrupted. Everyone was silent. "You? You know about pride? Oh please." Kyle rolled his eyes.