23. I think I need a coffee...

In the hospital waiting room, I sat leaning on Sweet Pea. Waiting. My eyes wanted to shut but I didn't let them. Archie was pacing across the room with his dad's blood all over his bulldog's jacket. My head peered up as I noticed Jughead, Betty and Veronica entered the room with their parents except FP wasn't here.

"Arch?" Veronica says. Stopping him from pacing anymore. They all ran and hugged him and I should've have gone but I couldn't move. I held Sweet Pea tighter as I sniffled my tears away. Archie sat down on one of the seats near me and Sweet Pea. Everyone followed and he started to explain everything that happened.

"I came out of the bathroom and there was this man, a thief... wearing this hood with a gun on Pop Tate. He then pointed it at my dad and he fired." He explained. "Oh my god Archie." Veronica said. "And then he..." Archie paused, "and then he what?" Veronica asked. I looked up at Archie and we made eye contact. "And then he bolted. And I was holding my dad. Pop Tate called an Ambulance, and it didn't come so I drove here... and I dunno maybe I should've waited. Maybe I made it worse." I sniffeled again. "No, dude. Are you kidding me? You saved your dad's life. First Cheryl, and now your dad. If you keep this up, you'll need a superhero name. Like pureheart the powerful." My head popped up. "Cheryl? What happened to Cheryl?" I asked them. They stayed silent. "Maybe it's a story for another time. How are you holding up?" Veronica asked me. I moved my head back so I was leaning on Sweet Pea and I ignored anything else they asked me. "Maybe it's best if you don't ask anything right now, give her some time." Sweet Pea told them.

"There isn't any new information. Your dad's in surgery. He'll be there for a while." Betty's mom, Alice told Archie. "Archie, have you spoken to your mother about any of this yet?" Hermione, Veronica's mom then said. "No, no, I haven't called her." He answered her. "I'll be right back," Archie said and then left.

"Sweet pea," I said his name. "Yeah," he responded and looked down at me. "I think I need a coffee. Can you get me one?" I asked him. "Yeah, yeah of course, how do you like it?" He asked me. "one sugar." I told him and he left.

"What?" I heard Jughead say. "Mom, do not start this." Betty told her. I then decided to walk over to them and sit next to Jughead. "Start what?" Jughead asked. "Of course," Alice started, "I can't help but wonder if your Southside associates had anything to do with what happened to Fred. Especially seeing as though this has happened just a couple weeks after your sister has come to town," she mentioned me. "Excuse me," I was starting to get up from my seat but Jughead pulled me down. "Do not do this." Hal, Betty's dad mumbled but I still heard. "Unbelievable," jughead said. "At least you can't accuse my father. He's in jail." Jughead said out loud. "What?" I said shocked. That's why he isn't here. He's in jail. Oh my god. Could this night get any worse. "Oh my god, I can't handle this." Veronica said and then leant her head on Betty's shoulder.

"Here you go, one black coffee with one sugar." Sweet Pea handed me my coffee. I took it and held it between my hands as Sweet Pea led me back to where we were seated. He sat down and I leant on his shoulder again. "Did you know my father was in jail?" I asked him. He sighed, "Yeah, I didn't want to worry you but I'm sure he'll figure a way out of there." He reassured me. "How did he get put in jail? Like... what did he do?" I dared to ask because I needed answers to all the questions on my mind. "Before you came to Riverdale, there was this kid. He was Cheryl Blossom's twin brother and he died mysteriously. Turns out his father killed him but FP helped get rid of the body and was known as an accomplice of the murder so he was found guilty and now he's in jail. But..." he paused. "But what?" I asked wanting to know more. "I dunno, I don't think he would do something like that, well at least something as bad as being an accomplice for a murder." He admitted. "Neither do I," I agreed. I then hugged him tighter as he kissed the top of my head.

Sheriff Keller, Kevin's dad walked into the hospital. Him and Archie and the others were talking, probably about Fred. I kept to Sweet Pea because I didn't want to cause attention with all my drama going on in my life right now. Jughead and Archie walked out of the waiting room, followed by the sheriff. They were most likely talking about what happened. I just hope Archie doesn't mention me to the point where I need to be questioned because I don't really want to be talking about what happened right now. I'm mostly worried about Archie though, I mean he said he felt embarrassed just because he had a gun pointed to his head and he couldn't help his dad straight away. I knew he wasn't going to mention that to the sheriff because he didn't tell Veronica, Betty and jughead about it when they asked what happened.

Archie and jughead walked back into the waiting room after about fifteen minutes and I heard jughead ask Archie, "hey, were you not telling sheriff Keller something?" My head perked up. They then talked about mrs lodge ie Veronica's mom and the serpents and I knew something was up. Jughead walked away from Archie after they had hugged and a doctor was speaking to Archie about his dad. Everybody walked over but me and Sweet Pea stayed here. I want to be there for Archie but I also want Sweet Pea to be here for me and with the serpents and Northsiders circumstances, I don't think Archie and Sweet Pea being together is the best thing. "Maybe we should go back to your's or my dad's trailer..." I suggested to Sweet Pea. He looked down at me. "Is that what you want?" He asked, checking if I was being genuine. I nodded my head and got up off of the seat. He followed me as I walked over to Archie to tell him we were leaving.

"Hey Archie, me and Sweet Pea are going to head off but I hope your dad gets better," I hugged him and he hugged back. "Thank you, and Sheriff Keller said he wants to have a word with you whenever you're ready." He informed me. I nodded my head in response. "Look man, I know we've not had the best past but I hope you're dad gets well soon," Sweet Pea said. I looked at him, shocked at the words that just came out of his mouth. "Thanks dude." Archie said and me and Sweet Pea left the waiting room.

"I really can't believe the words that just came out of your mouth right then," I joked to him. "Shut up..." He told me shaking his head at me. I chuckled at his reaction as we walked hand in hand out of the hospital.