19. Just a hunch

He really left. For good. He didn't come back. I'm just one of his toys aren't I? He doesn't care. If he did he would have come back. He would have said he was sorry and everything would be fine. But everything isn't fine. Because he didn't come back. If he just let me explain. And now I'm a crying mess in Reggie's arms. "I'm sorry I brought you sleeping at mine up. I just was angry at him and I ruined everything for you. Even though I hate him, as long as you were happy with him, I was happy for you." He explained. "It's okay," I told him. "But it's not..." he carried on. "You're obviously upset about what happened and it's all my fault," he said back. "It's not," I grabbed his face in my hands, "okay?" he nodded his head, understanding. "It's his fault," I backed away from Reggie. "he didn't let me explain, and that was his mistake." I told him. he stayed silent, obviously not wanting to say the wrong thing. "anyway, I don't want to dwell on it." I wiped my tears away from my eyes. "Do you think I could have a drink?" I asked Reggie. He took me to his house because his mom was out and I didn't really want to go near that trailer park right now. "Of course," he told me and went to his kitchen.

I took the time to call Jughead and tell him another lie to why I'm not in school right now. "Hey Jug." "Hey Hunter." "I felt ill so I went home so I wont be in school." "oh okay, get well soon." "thanks." I hung up the phone. then Reggie walked in with some sort of hot drink.

"Who was that?" Reggie asked. "Just my brother," I explained. "Oh okay. I got you a coffee, one sugar." He told me. "How did you know?" I asked, confused. "Just a hunch," he said shrugging his shoulders and passing me the drink. I took a sip and it was perfect. "Wow, you make a good coffee," I told him. "Thanks," he chuckled.

After many conversations with Reggie, it was almost the end of the school day. "Do you think you could be my taxi driver, again?" I asked Reggie. "Of course, where to?" he chuckled. "Just Sunnyside trailer park," I told him. He then grabbed his keys and put his hand up for me to grab. I took his offer and we both went to his car.

We had finally arrived at the trailer park and I thanked him. "How much?" I joked to him. He decided to play along, "Just a kiss..." He dared to say. What a player. "That's very expensive," I told him. "Well you can see if I'm worth the price," he said. I then leant in and gave him a peck on the lips, and backed away from him. "That's it?" he smirked. "That's it," I told him and got out of the car not turning back, obviously playing hard to get which made him annoyed. I smiled widely when I wasn't facing him. I then heard him shout over my shoulder, "you, hunter, are the first ever girl to leave me hanging." I smiled at the thought of Reggie being annoyed at the fact I left him hanging. I carried on walking to my trailer and just as I got to the stairs, I saw him. Sweet Pea. Oh god.

I tried speed walking to the door but he still caught up. Now we were both standing next to each other at the door, facing towards one another. I was trying to open the door, while Sweet Pea was shutting it. "I'm sorry," he apologised. "I didn't mean it, I just freaked out and-" "Just shut up!" I shouted at him. "we're over, all because of your dumbass who doesn't think before they speak," I told him. "So, just leave me alone." I finally was able to open the door but when I was about to walk in I saw Jughead standing in the doorway. "Everything alright?" he asked me and Sweet Pea. "Yeah, Sweet Pea was just leaving," I answered before Sweet Pea. "Well, so am I." Jughead said. "food is in the fridge and dad wont be back till the morning cause of work." Jughead explained to me. "okay," I said back and headed in the house. the door shut behind Jughead and now I was in the house... alone.

I went to my bedroom and laid down on my bed. My dad had made his office into my bedroom. It may not be the biggest room in the house but it's better than the couch. I grabbed my phone and turned it on to see one message, from Kyle. I opened it and it read, 'Hey hunter, just wanted to let you know I'll be getting a job in the school as a teacher so you might see me in one of your lessons.' I started to type back saying

Me: that's amazing! I hope you're one of my teachers, I'll see you tomorrow at school then.

I then put my phone down and changed into my slack clothes. I got under my sheets and started to shut my eyes. I needed a good sleep after today.