16. A good liar

Before the book actually starts I just wanted to say that I have another two books called Girl Problems and The Rules. They don't have a lot of reads so I would appreciate the support that you have given with this book. Also sorry for not posting chapters recently I have been busy with school and just life aswell.
Thank you,
-N5zWxxx (Nyema) xoxo
————————————————————————

Sweet Pea's pov:

I'm worried about hunter. I might never see her again. And I made a promise to her that I might not be able to keep. I need to get her out of here, but how. She's in the car with that prick Malachai. Wait. Why the hell is she in the car with him? I jumped off the bonnet of the car. "You okay sweet pea?" Toni asked me grabbing my arm to stop me from doing anything stupid. "Hunter's in the car with him. Why is she in the car with him?" I asked rhetorically. She looked at the car surprised and then back at me. What the hell is he doing?

I jogged towards the car but the race had already started. They were gone. And now it was up to jughead to save hunter.

It had been half an hour. Surely the race had finished. But where are both cars. I looked at Toni and she looked as confused as me. I then looked back at the road to check if there was any sign of them. Just then a car came rushing back. It was Jughead's and I was happy to see him win. But where's hunter?

Jughead and the northsider got out of the car. I walked up to them, "where's hunter and malachai?" I asked them. "Ask this idiot," jughead answered pointing towards Archie. "What did you do?" I asked him. "He called the police. That's what he did," jughead answered for him. "Why the hell did you call the police?" I asked angrily. "So we didnt lose and we could keep our side of the deal and get hunter back," Archie answered. "You may think that the police are friends with the north, but let me tell you this," I got closer to Archie as I continued, "the police hate southside which means that they don't give a damn about hunter and will probably arrest her because she is part of southside." I explained. Even though she wasn't actually a serpent I liked to see her that way. She had the sort of personality of a serpent, Loyal with a bit of a bite. "I can handle it, I'll speak to Keller. I'm sure he'll come around for me." Archie said. "He better," I threatened.

Hunter's POV

"Why were you in the car with a ghoulie?" A police officer asked me. I ignored him. "How did you end up involved in a race with ghoulies and serpents?" He asked me. I didn't bother to answer again. "This isn't going anywhere." He gave up and walked out the room leaving me with the sheriff, who just so happened to be Kevin's dad. "If I ask you, will you answer me?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. He sighed and took a seat on his desk in front of me. "Can you tell me what happened?" He asked. I ignored. "If you don't tell me anything you know I'm going to have to let that ghoulie go..." my head shot up. "If I tell you what happened, can you lock him up?" I finally spoke up. "Depends if he did anything illegal." He explained. "Does kidnapping and blackmailing count as doing anything illegal?" I smirked.

I got into the car. "Thanks for picking me up, if my dad found out he would kill me..." I explained. "It's no problem..." reggie said back. I sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked. He looked at me and then back at the road. "Why were you with a serpent in pops? And why did he call you babygirl?" Reggie questioned me. Oh god. What can I say? I'm going to have to come up with some sort of lie. "I... I... well..." I have nothing. I gave up. "If I tell you can you promise not to tell anyone?" I asked of him. "Of course." He answered straight away. "Well," then it came to me. A perfect lie. "Well, jughead is strict about me having boyfriends and all and whenever a boy is with me he freaks out. So, sweet pea is there so boys don't ask me out. Like a fake boyfriend." I lied. The fact I came up with that on the spot it actually crazy. I'm such a good liar. Which isn't always a good thing, but isn't always a bad thing either. "Oh okay so sweet pea isn't your boyfriend?" He asked checking if he was right. "Yeah...." I lied again. It's not that I don't like being in a relationship with sweet pea, I love it. But it's a secret relationship and the second someone finds out... it's over. Jughead would kill me. My dad would kill sweet pea. And I'll be forever alone without sweet pea in my life.

I didn't feel like going back to jughead and my dad and even sweet pea so I dared to ask reggie if I could sleep over at his. "Do you think I could stay the night at your house?" I asked him. "Of course," he responded quickly. "Thanks," I mumbled back and I laid my head on the side of his door. My eyes automatically started to shut my eyes.