15. The serpent princess

I sat there in shock. "How do you know about me and sweet pea?" I asked with curiosity and shock. "Oh honey, I've been spying on you and you're serpent friends for a long time, I know everything about you and sweet pea." He said, coming closer to me as he carried on the sentence. "Boss, the serpents are here," some guy said walking in to the room. "Thank god," I muttered under my breath so that malachai couldn't hear me. "Send them in," he said leaning back and putting his arm around my shoulders so me and him were close. Then I realised, jughead doesn't know about me and sweet pea. "Can you do me a favour?" I asked like an idiot to my kidnapper. "As long as it's do able and not to let you go then yes," he responded. I sighed, "can you not mention about me and sweet pea?" He paused before answering my question. "Of course. I don't wanna ruin your little thing going on between you two, you can do that yourself," he chuckled to himself.

I felt uncomfortable because we were touching each other and we were very close. My head perked up when I saw jughead, sweet pea, Toni, fangs, Betty, Archie and Veronica in the same room with me. "Hunter! Are you ok? Did they hurt you?" Jughead said moving closer to me. Malachai jumped up and pulled out a pocket knife, pointing it towards jughead. "Ah, ah, ah, not so fast Jones. We need to negotiate before handing the serpent princess over," he smirked. "Then let's negotiate," jughead bluntly responded.

"I say that you give us three quarters of southside and I want the whole of southside high including the students and you serpents to work for me," he negotiated. "No chance Jones," sweet pea butted in. "Not now sweet pea!" Jughead snapped back. "No jug, sweet pea's right, you can't do this to the serpents," I agreed with sweet pea. "Just let me think hunter," he shouted at me. He paused for 10 seconds before deciding, "how about another deal," Malachai sighed but jughead carried on, "we should have a race for the town, if we win we get the whole town, hunter back and you stop using students at southside high for drugs," "and if you lose?" Malachai requested. Jughead looked back at his gang, betty, Archie and Veronica and then back at Malachai, "then you get all your requests." Jughead answered simply. "Deal," Malachai agreed and they both shook hands. "Oh," Malachai mentioned, "another tiny request, if you lose I get to keep your little serpent princess with me and she can be part of the ghoulies. Like a ghoulie princess." He smirked and looked back at me. "It's just something about her that makes me think 'wow! she would be perfect in this gang' instead of your less advanced, stupid little serpent group," he carried on. I looked at jug first with shock then sweet pea. I could lose my boyfriend and brother because of a stupid race.

(2 days later when the race is taking place)

Today is the day. The day the race is taking place. I slept over at sweet pea's because I needed someone to comfort me before this tense race. This race could literally decide what could happen for the rest of my life. I looked to my left to see a snoring sweet pea. This could be the last time I see his adorable, sleepy face in the same bed as me. This could be the last time I see sweet pea. I don't think I can bare to be without him. I love him. There I said it, I love him. If jug doesn't win this race I won't see him, dad or the serpents again.

I got up and walk towards the kitchen to make a coffee. Once I made myself and sweet pea one I walked in his room to see him still sleeping. I placed the coffees next to him on his bedside table and sat next to him on the bed. My hand caressed his face which woke him up. "Morning babe, you okay?" He asked, shuffling himself in a comfortable position to drink his coffee. "I'm just worried, I might not be able to see you again if jug doesn't win this race," I started to cry halfway through my sentence. I really can't live without sweet pea. I lost jake, I can't lose sweet pea too.

"Don't worry, we will do anything to win this race. I will be dead before they have you in their gang." He reassured me. "Thanks, that means a lot." I told him before cuddling into his broad body. He then played with my hair as I hugged him tighter. I can't lose him, I just can't. If I do, I don't know what will happen to me. I would break down. I can't live without him.

I love him.

(The race)

I can't believe this is really happening. I could be living with a complete stranger if my brother doesn't win this stupid race. Why would he make such a risky deal like that. Well I guess if he didn't he could've lost me and his gang.

It was more crowded than I expected because the northside and southside were both watching. I saw lots of people from the gang and school here. Reggie was here. Toni was here. Cheryl, Veronica and Betty were here. And sweet pea was here. He looked worried about this race. Like jughead was going to lose. Which made me worried for what was going to happen next.

I was stood with jughead and Archie waiting for Malachai to arrive for the race. He finally turned up fashionably late of course and stood with one of his gang members in front of the three of us. "Thought you were never going to show up," Jughead said to Malachai. You could tell there was tension between the two of them. "Well, here I am." He responded. "Here you are," I mumbled under my breath. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and smirk before turning back to Jug. "oh and the girl is coming with me," Malachai said while dragging me to his car. Archie then ran to me and stood in between us and the car. "That wasn't part of the deal," Archie told him. "But remember pretty boy, she is still in my control until you either give me everything I want or you win this race which will be highly unlikely might I mention." Archie then turned to me and I mouthed to him, 'I'll be okay," and I smiled to him.  He then slowly moved out of the way so we could get in the car.

I was in the passenger seat and Malachai was in the driver seat. I noticed that jughead was driving and Archie was in the passenger seat. I lent back on my chair and shut my eyes. I don't think I can do this. I can hardly breath because I'm freaking out so much. But I have to do this. Jug has to do this. I'm just praying to god that I get to see my brother again. I'm praying that I get to see my boyfriend again.