22. You have a brother?

(Picture above is Jake)

Who would've guessed that my prom night would have ended with me, sitting down at pops with my ex boyfriend who I thought was killed in a car crash a year ago? I didn't.

"It all started when we started dating. You're step dad..." when he mentioned him I muttered under my breath, "step douche." "What was that?" He asked me. "Nothing..." I smiled at him implying that I wanted him to carry on. "Anyway, your step dad was tied into a business with Hiram lodge." He paused. "Hiram lodge? Where have I heard that before?" I wondered. "He is an evil businessman who likes to exploit people and he has everyone under his power, except for my family." I nodded my head trying to comprehend everything he was saying. "Your douche of a step father," I muttered under my breath again, "step douche." I think he heard me because he chuckled a little once I said my comment. "He told Hiram about us, meaning that obviously I was treading on thin ice while dating you." I licked my lips nervously. "I loved you so much. I still love you very much but... I..." he stuttered. "Hiram threatened to kill you if I didn't leave you." He told me. I sighed and closed my eyes. "I guess I can learn to forgive... but what about Hiram now?" I asked him. "Well, last I heard he is coming to Riverdale to visit his daughter Veronica..." Oh my god! "Veronica! You're telling me that Veronica's dad is Hiram?!" I whisper shouted. "Yes? Do you know Veronica or something?" He asked me. "Veronica is my brother's girlfriend's bestfriend." I told him and he looked at me with a dumb look...

"You have a brother?"

Before I could answer his question, Sweet Pea came into the diner with Kyle. I instantly ran up to Sweet Pea and hugged him, he hugged back. I then backed away and took a seat at the booth but as I did I saw Archie and his dad in the corner of my eye. Kyle sat next to Jake as Sweet Pea sat next to me. "So, Sweet Pea, this is Jake." I pointed to Jake. They both didn't say anything and were giving each other the death glare. "Umm... Jake, this is-" now Jake was the one cutting me off, "Sweet Pea." He said through gritted teeth. "Yeah..." I said out loud. There was a couple seconds of intense staring before I decided to break it up. "Cmon Guys, can we not with the intimidation." I told them. "I don't know what you're on about," Sweet Pea responded, "he's not intimidating in the slightest-" Jake spoke up, "you're one to talk... Sweet... Pea." He dragged out his name. Sweet Pea then stood up, followed by Jake. "Sweet Pea..." I grabbed his arm. "Jake, let's stand outside for a bit." Kyle told him. Jake didn't respond but still followed Kyle.

"What was that about?" I asked Sweet Pea, rubbing his hand. "I mean, you can see he's still not over you..." He told me. "Of course he is..." I lied to myself. "Maybe you can't see it..." He raised an eyebrow at me. "Okay," I gave up, "Maybe I just choose not to believe it but still, he knows I'm with you and nothing is going to change that." I said to calm him down. "Good," he responded.

The bell of the door rang and I thought it was Kyle and Jake but it turned out to be a man wearing a black mask or hood thing. He had a gun pointed at pops and Sweet Pea got up and put his body between me and the man. Archie's dad, I think his name is Fred, then got up and started to slowly move towards the man telling him to put the gun down. Archie walked out of the bathroom staring at his father, then me and Sweet Pea and then the man in the black hood. As Archie ran to his father, the man fired his gun at his dad. Sweet Pea pushed me and himself out of pops and I just screamed at what I just witnessed. When we got outside Kyle and Jake were nowhere to be seen. Sweet Pea held me tightly as we waited.

After a couple seconds the black hooded man ran out of pops, ignoring us and running in the other direction. Sweet Pea was going to try and catch him but I forced him not to. He listened and protected me with his life until he drove me to the hospital. I told Archie we would meet him at the hospital and I told Jughead what had happened. He said he would be there as soon as he could.

This night could be the worst night of my life. It is the worst night of my life. I've had to dump someone, I've found out my dead ex boyfriend is actually alive, I've witnessed someone get shot and now I have to face my brother and explain why I was with Sweet Pea and two other boys in pops talking about Hiram lodge who also turns out to be my brother's girlfriend's bestfriend's dad and to top it all off, he is after my ex boyfriend who is alive and could be after me too... but here's a positive thought, my prom dress is still in a good condition...