Stage 15: Domino Effect

Start from the beginning

"Ang init ng katawan mo." She presses her cheeks on her neck.

He nods and forcing himself to resume stepping down to stop himself from thinking of taking her, savagely on stairs. 'What the fuck, Isaiah? You that horny?'

"Isaiah."

"Just sleep, Isla." Yes. You'll help us both if you'll just sleep.

"Salamat."

"You have endless gratitude, huh?"

"Oo. Sa tanang buhay ko, ngayon lang kasi ako nakaranas ng ganito kasaya."

"I thought you were happy back then..."

"Ibig kong sabihin... y-yung.. di ko na pinoproblema.. kung paano ako kakain bukas.. p-paano ko lalagpasan ang isang araw na walang makaaway para makatawid ng l-ligtas sa susunod na araw... o saan ako pupulot ng barya pambili ng malinis na tubig.."

"I promised you I'll take care of you. Kusa kong sinabi yun, kaya wag ka na magpasalamat."

He can feel Isla's staring at his back. "Isaiah?" Tawag uli nito sa pangalan niya.

"Yes, Isla?"

"You know, for once, it's nice to depend on s-someone... stronger.. than.. me." Her voice slowly drifting to sleep.

"Why?"

"Because it kinda re-assure me that it's okay to be weak. That it's not a sin... to let someone see your fragile side."

"Everybody needs help on some point in their life. Di rin kasalanan ang humingi ng tulong."

> "Wag mo akong gayahin. Humingi ka ng tulong habang maaga pa. Humanap ka ng taong tutulong sa'yo. Wag kang mahiya... wag mong isarili ang problema mo."

Isla softly smiles as she remembers the word of a dear someone. "Aling Bebang says the exact words when she was still alive." [Stage 3: When Their Eyes Finally Meet hospital scene where Isla visited the old woman at the hospital.]

.

.

Napahinto nang paghabak si Liam nang may. 'This is weird,' "I-Isla..."

"Hnnnn?" Ungol nito na halatang papikit na para matulog uli.

> "You wanted to kiss me..." [Stage 6: Strangers No More]

> "You know, for once, it's nice to depend on s-someone... stronger.. than.. me."

> "Because it kinda re-assure me that it's okay to be weak. That it's not a sin... to let someone see your fragile side."

> "Aling Bebang says the exact words when she was still alive."

"I-If you don't mind me asking... I'm not belittling you, but I'm just curious. How come you can speak English fluently?"

Binalewala niya yung unang pagsalita ni Isla ng Ingles kasi napaka-simple lang naman niyon. But this time, it's no English of someone who just finished elementary. [A/N: Isla stopped studying after finishing elementary due to lack of support from both her parents.]

"Not to mention..." Dagdag niya. "You can understand me and Hailey when we communicate with you on English." He received no response from her. "Isla?"

"zZZzzzZ... n-nam-- nammm.. nam..." Hilik ni Isla.

Until they reached the pad and asked Hailey to change Isla's wet garments, the thought still bugs him.