Q/A

So this is the portion of the book dedicated to any questions that you might have regarding this book or other future publications that I'm working on. I'll try my best to respond to you as soon as possible! I've also included a few questions that people have asked me before as well!

1. How long does it usually take you to write a chapter for your books?

- It usually depends on the length of the chapter. I usually aim to have all my chapters at least 2500 words or more. If I stick at the bare minimum and type 2500 words, that will usually take me about forty minutes. Most of the chapters within this book were around 3000 - 5000 words, so I usually spent about an hour and a half on each for the longer ones.

2. Where did you get the inspiration to write your books and push forward with releasing chapters?

- For me, I never really update consistently. I usually function on bouts of inspiration, where one day I come up with the entire plot for a chapter in my head while I'm sitting in Calculus for some reason and type a whole chapter. I mainly update whenever I get the sudden urge to write a new chapter and that's how I maintain releasing chapters consistently.

3. Why was this book so short?

- In retrospect, Rising Storm is short compared with the books on Wattpad that can stretch to sixty chapters or more. But, at least in my opinion, this book was not short at all. While there were only twenty chapters, each chapter ranged from 3000 -5000 words so this novel is about 70,000 words which would translate into roughly a 250-300 page novel if it was actually published.

4. Why did it take so long for Ink and (Y/n) to finally get together?

- I am not a fan of a lot of the x Readers that I see on Wattpad (though admittedly, I can't judge since mine are awful as well). I don't like the books where the character immediately falls in love with the reader and the entirety of the book is either pure smut or just the reader exploiting their relationship with a character that magically happened.

In my opinion, relationships take time and effort. For me, a story needs plot. So, in this really awful book, I tried to incorporate that ideology and made it so that the ultimate conclusion was earned, so it didn't seem odd that the reader and Ink instantly had a relationship but rather worked to get where they ended up.

5. How come there's no smut in this book or in any of your other novels?

- I know that smut is something that some people read and people have asked me why I haven't written Lusttale or had any sexual elements within my books. I'm not one of those people that are vehemently against smut or anyone that reads it, I just suck at writing it. It always ends up being really awkward and cringe-worthy, so I just usually refrain from doing it at all.

If you really want it, I'm sure there will be no difficulty locating such a thing within the archives of the Undertale fandom.

6. What was your favourite and least favourite chapter in this book?

-I don't really have any favourites when it comes to chapters that I wrote in this book. If I had to choose one out of all the awful ones in Rising Storm, chapter eighteen was probably the one I liked the most. As for the worst one, chapter two is probably my least favourite out of them all.

7. Out of all the Undertale books you've written, which one is your favourite and least favourite?

- For me, Divided, Wilted and Fall of the Empire are probably all tied for the bottom ranking. I'm still shocked by how well it did on this site given how primitive and stereotypical my writing was back then. I personally feel like my writing has gotten more mature over the years so some of the first books I wrote don't tend to reflect how much my writing has changed, so I'm less fond of them.

If I had to choose one and be a huge ego-centric, I would probably go with Daybreak for the one I like the most, though I'm kind of excited with what I have planned for Before the Storm which takes place in a Handplates AU.

8. I still don't understand the whole thing about (Y/n) being able to hop from universe to universe.

- Basically, the big theme in all of my Undertale books is that the reader is essentially this ongoing character that hops from universe to universe. They can only do this when they die, so they're born in one universe and they might leave it, but when they are either killed or just die from old age, their soul randomly goes to another universe and they start a whole new life without any memory of who they once were.

So every book I've ever written could be an effective sequel or prequel to Rising Storm because there's really no order in which they happen, they could represent any universe that the reader goes to next after they die. However, I did reference Daybreak in this novel which is my Error x Reader if you haven't read that book, so the events in Daybreak would canonically happen before this one.

The 'last' book in the cycle is supposed to be Divided where 'spoiler' it ends with the reader getting to choose what universe they want to end up in for the rest of their life, ending the cycle that they're trapped in and finally living happily ever after. Hope that makes a bit more sense.

9. What's the deal with fear?

- I tried to explain this so many times in the novel but I'm going to do it in hopefully basic terms so it makes a bit more sense. In this whole storyline, emotions are used to channel magic which is why Ink wasn't able to use magic in the first place when he didn't have his soul.

Fear is the emotion that essentially represents the emotion of running away from battle. But in this story, (Y/n) was able to harness that emotion and use it to fuel their magic in battle which created a paradox, since you're using an emotion that should never be used to fight during a battle.

That in turn created this kind of monster thing inside their mind, like a big cancer blob that was slumbering away inside them and would grow in strength every time they used fear again and it eventually took over their mind.

So my wrist hurts from typing.

Any other questions? Leave a comment down below and I'll try my best to respond!

I'M FREEEEEEE