one

"Every family has a legacy. And this is mine."

Hope Mikaelson

September 1st - 1976

HOPE MIKAELSON SIGHED as she reached the crowded King's Cross Station, her blue eyes looking around in wonder admiring both the large station as well as the people around her as she pushed her trolley. She stopped a few feet away from the barrier between platforms nine and ten, where unbeknownst to muggles, witches and wizards were rushing towards it for the beginning of a new school year. Most of them were certainly excited with the prospect of going back to school and learn new spells and potions, but not her. When her trolley, which was carrying her school trunks and her black owl named Nik were facing the barrier, she took a deep breath and slowly started walking towards the next two years of her life.

The sun was warm on her back as she walked through the wall with ease where she was greeted by a  large red train with golden letters - The Hogwarts Express. The platform nine and three quarters was overcrowded with families sending their children to learn about magic, one that she had learned a few months ago. When she entered the train and found a empty compartment near the back, she nestled into the worn leather seats where she was greeted by the friendly voices of excited boys and girls, most of them telling  their friends all the good things that happened during the summer vacations. Hope leaned against the window and allowed herself to recall the events of the past few months that caused her to be where she was right now.

The Mikaelson family is a powerful and old family, whose line dates back to the then Kingdom of Norway in the late 10th century. Over the years, legends began to surround the Original Vampires as their story became lost to history: all the vampires knew that they were descended from the first generation of vampires, but they knew nothing about them. Only one was actually known at all - her father, Klaus Mikaelson. He was believed mistakenly to be the oldest vampire in the world to the few vampires who knew him.

Centuries later, the Mikaelsons became the most feared, powerful and infamous family in the millennium, and with that came a long list of enemies, people from all parts of the world wanted revenge for some wrongdoing that her family caused or more specifically her dad. When she was born, these enemies started plot and plan our downfall, since they saw that the big bad Klaus Mikaelson had something to lose - her. On the last few months, one of these enemies started to act, in the beginning very slowly much like a snake, waiting for the perfect moment  until they saw a vulnerability and they used it against us. She was captured and badly hurt, so her parents along with her uncles and aunts decided to contact a old friend of Elijah's, where she would go to a place where she could learn about a new type of magic, one that wasn't tethered to nature, so nothing could harm her ever again.

The headmaster Albus Dumbledore, was delighted to welcome her in his school - Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but he warned that the Wizarding World was in the brink of a war, the old headmaster proceeded to explain the situation that involved a former student named Tom Marvolo Riddle, who went to Hogwarts years and years ago, and since then this student disappeared for a few years after completing his magical education, only to resurface again in the beginning of the decade with a great number of followers that were increasing as the years passed, he also fashioned himself a new name one that was feared through the wizarding community, Voldemort. He and his Death Eaters had the main objective of spreading pureblood dogmas and getting rid of those unworthy of learning magic, the halfbloods and muggleborns.