two

''She's mad
but she's magic
There's no lie
in her fire."

September 1st, 1976 - Hogwarts Castle

When Hope Marshall and Lily Evans approached the carriages, a half giant named Rubeus Hagrid motioned for Hope to follow him with the first year students. They walked through a narrow path in silence until they reached the edge of a dark lake, where a few boats awaited for them. The boats started to glide slowly in the direction of a high mountain and when they turned, a look of awe and amazement graced Hope's features as she stared at the castle. Perched at the top of a high mountain, its many windows sparkling in the starry sky, was a castle with many turrets and towers.

Before she knew it the boat trip was complete and Hagrid was leading the large group to the large mahogany doors of the castle, banging on them with his large fist once he had reached them. The doors  slowly opened revealing a stern woman with deep green robes who observed the students calculatingly before nodding her head, seemingly pleased.

''Thank you, Hagrid'' she stated neutrally before ushering the students in.

The woman looked over once more the group of first year students and her eyes widened the tiniest bit when she looked towards Hope. She quickly recollected herself as her face adopted the stern expression of a few seconds ago. Her eyebrows seemed to be permanently furrowed and her lips stretched into a thin line. The intimidating aura that surrounded her silenced the first years immediately. All of them starting to fidget nervously under her intense stare.

''Welcome to Hogwarts,'' said Professor McGonagall. ''The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. Professor McGonagall started to look at each face of the new students and started to speak again in a strong and stern voice. ''The Sorting process is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.''

''The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn you house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.''

''The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting.''

Once Professor McGonagall finished her speech the first years students became more nervous and started to fidget quite a lot. Hope took a moment to memorize the Entrance Hall, where lit torches were hung in a neatly way and a grand marble staircase led to another door.