Chapter Eight

Rosalie's POV

I had awoken to the feeling of someone's arm wrapped around my waist. I turn my head to look at the culprit. It was none other than a smirking Meliodas with his eyes closed pretending to be asleep. His smirk gave away the fact that he was in fact, awake. A week had passed since I received my injuries from that Holy Knight, so most of them had faded by now.

"Meliodas, please remove your arm so I can get up." I ask politely as I try to get up and out of his grasp but failed.

His grip loosens as he lets out a groan and says "Why can't we just lay here all day? I would love to just spend the day together, here in bed." He raised his eyebrows suggestively, but I didn't know what he was trying to suggest, so I just ignored it.

"No we can't. You told me that we were headed to a new location, but you hadn't told me where we were going." I say, trying to get answers out of him. "We should go downstairs and eat some of Ban's delicious food."

"Are you sure you're better? Does anything still hurt?" Meliodas says, causing a slight giggle to pass my lips. But I then frowned. For the past week Meliodas and Ban had been at my beck and call, doing everything they could to help me. I felt bad that I couldn't repay them.

"I'm perfectly fine Meliodas. Hey, how about I make breakfast to repay you and Ban for everything you've done for me this past week?" I said, getting an idea of how to repay them.

"You're too clumsy to make food." Meliodas said plainly, chuckling at his own comment. He took a big whiff of the air before continuing "Plus Ban already made breakfast. Lets go." Meliodas jumped from the bed and grabbed my hand, leading my down the stairs.

When we entered the main room Meliodas let go of my hand and went to sit at a table with a plate of food in front of him. I came and sat beside him and began eating the plate in front of me. I say to Ban "This food is delicious! Why aren't you a professional chef?"

"Well if I were a chef, I wouldn't be a deadly sin now would I?" Ban said, as he laughed at what I had previously said. "And if I were a chef I wouldn't have met you, Shorty."

"I'm not that short, and Meliodas and I are the same height! If you're going to call me short then you have to call him short too. Its only fair!" I said, getting frustrated with his nickname for me.

"Not true. I'm a centimeter taller than you!" Meliodas said, a smirk on his lips.

I just groaned and walked away in frustration. But before leaving the room I asked "Where are we headed to anyway?"

"The Necropolis, or at least the town said to be closest to it." Meliodas said, answering my question.

"T-The Necropolis?! You m-mean the land o-of the dead?" I asked nervously. When I read about the place years ago, I knew that it would probably be a scary place, filled with horror. A land for the dead doesn't sound like a pleasant place to go.

"Yup! But don't worry your pretty little head about it, Shorty. I'll be there to protect you from the monsters." Ban said, flexing to try to make his muscles seem bigger.

His comment caused a slight blush cross my face, and me to roll my eyes at his 'heroic' façade. I then say sarcastically, with a sly smile on my face "Yea like you could protect me. You couldn't even protect a bag of food from Hawk."

He just chuckled hearing what I said and says "Sassy, I like it." Meliodas just grunted and glared at Ban. I was confused as to why though.

Meliodas walked over to me and went behind me, as he wrapped his arms around waist. A smile was glued onto his face as he hugged me from behind. But as he was doing that, I didn't notice him giving Ban a death glare. He placed his face in the crook of my neck as he said possessively "If anyone is going to protect you, it's going to be me."