Chapter Twenty-Three

My apologies to everyone for the long update times. I was logged out of my account recently, and it wouldn't let me in, but everything is working good now, so I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

Also, when I was writing this, I was a bit tired and kept typing Hendrishson, instead of Hendrickson, so if you see any mistakes like that, let me know, because I think I fixed them all but am unsure.

Meliodas' POV

Just as I had arrived to where Hendrickson is, he began speaking to me, as I glanced around, looking for Rosalie.

"Well Meliodas, just as I thought. My acid had no effect on the sinister power of demons." Hendrickson said to me.

My eyes soon met the armor of Dreyfus, with his body that was once inside of it, disintegrated by Hendrickson's acid. But then, I saw Rosalie. She was lying on the ground, unconscious, blood seeping from a wound on her side. How could he have done such a thing to her?

I clenched my fists, angry that she was in this state, as I made my way over to her, completely ignoring Hendrickson speaking. I didn't care what he was saying, I just wanted to get her to safety, and out of here. 

I quickly, before Hendrickson knew what was happening, I took Rosalie in my arms. And was swift in bringing her over to Hawk, for him to take her away, so she wouldn't be affected by the battle that was about to happen.

"Rosalie, I'll end this fast. When it's over, we can run the tavern again. Okay?" I whispered to her, hoping that my words were reaching her. I then spoke to Hawk. "Hawk, can you take her?"

"Right! I'll be as speedy and safe as possible!" Hawk reassured me as I placed Rosalie on his back.

Once I made sure she was stable on him, I said, "Now get going."

"As if I'd let you leave." Hendrickson said, raising his arm and pointing it in the direction of Hawk and Rosalie, but I was quick, and sliced the arm off, and then kicked him in the face.

Hendrickson regained his ground fast, and turned to strike me with his sword, but I easily blocked it with my own blade. I was so pissed, and there was no way I was going to let him leave here unscathed.

I kneed Hendrickson in the face, before relentlessly going in for attacks, all being blocked by him.

"You shouldn't underestimate me." Hendrickson said, a smirk on his face.

"Right back at you." I said simply, as we continuous blocked each others strikes.

Then, a explosion went off as Diane stopped the attack Hendrickson sent towards Rosalie and Hawk with her hammer, picked up the two in the process. As Diane noticed Rosalie's state, she yelled angrily at Hendrickson, "I'll never forgive you!"

Suddenly, before Hendrickson realized, King's chastifol in bear form was behind him, and punch him into the ground, breaking the ground along with it. I thought I was going to fall along with Hendrickson, and closed my eyes to prepare for impact. But when no impact came, I opened my eyes to see Ban, holding me by my ankle, keeping me from falling.

"What's up, Captain?" Ban said, a grin on his face. "You alright?"

After that, Diane, King, Ban, Gowther, and I, went down to where Hendrickson was, all ready for battle. Behind us, were the Holy Knights of Liones, all wanting to help take him down. As Hendrickson looked at all of us, he said, "The seven deadly sins. Well I must admit, I'm extremely honored and humbled that the legendary Sins have graced me with their presence. And more."

"These are the Holy Knights of Liones, but they're not after any of us this time. They're here to stop you from escaping." I said, a small grin on my own face at how the tables have turned.