Bonus Chapter - Max

Heaven - Emeli Sande

Long time no see right? So a while back I did this bonus chapter thing on my newsletter. Recently, I've been thinking about writing a new bonus chapter from one of my stories (not sure which one yet) and I thought about this one and the one from Flawless. I realized that its unfair that some of you didn't get to read this. So for those who couldn't, here you are! Hope you enjoy it!

Chloe. 

*** 

  2 years ago

"Max, you do realize that this is a bad idea. Right?" The sweet voice of Ava rings in my ears. Turning to face her, I give her my classic, charming smile.

"Oh well." I shrug, smirking at her displeased face. I love having an effect on her. "Oh, don't give me that look."

She rolls her pretty blue eyes at me. Those are the eyes that I fell in love with first. The way they shine so brightly under the sun, the way they glisten when she laughs. Nobody would ever have such extraordinary eyes like her.

Nobody would ever be able to compete against her.

"I'm going to continue giving you this look until you give me those poor boys trunks back." She argues, with a determined, threatening expression. I don't have the heart to tell her that she only looks cute to me. I couldn't ever feel scared by her cute face.

"Hey." I protest, waving the trunks around. "He deserves this."

Ava pinches her lips together and shakes her head in disappointment. She drops her body on the benches in the changing rooms. "He only looked at me! You're overreacting!"

Oh Ava, my sweet Ava. What she doesn't realize is that he was practically undressing her with his eyes. Just the mere thought of someone looking her in that way sends me in a fit of rage. I know I'm not the only one that notices how stunning she looks. The only person who doesn't notice it is herself. I love that quality about her. She's not vain. She's honorable.

"I'm not but no matter how I try and tell you differently, you won't listen," I sigh. "But I'm going to do this because he deserves it."

And that's when I dump the boy's trunks in a bucket of fish. I don't feel remorseful about it at all, he totally had it coming.

Ava rubs her pale cheeks and stares at me in disbelief.

"What? Did you think I was kidding?" I question, arching an eyebrow.

"Actually, yeah."

"Oh come on! I wasn't going to let him look at my girl like that!" I answer, watching her reaction. The corners of her lips twitch upwards at 'my girl' and no matter how hard she tries to hide it, I catch it. "I caught you!"

She spins on her heels, heading out of the swimming locker room. Quickly, I shove the guy's trunks back in his bag and then rush after her.

The first thing I see is the blinding sun when I make it outside. I have to blink a few times to adjust to the harsh light. The second thing I see is a form with long, wavy brown curls. Immediately, I know it's my Ava. She weaves in and out of the busy crowd and goes onto the beach. Following after her, I sneak up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, hoisting her into the air.

Ava squeals and flings her arms around. To annoy her further, I spin her around in circles. The sweet sound of her giggles fills my ears and I recall the promise I made to myself. I will always make sure she's happy.

Once I start to feel dizzy myself, I stop spinning us around and slowly bring her to the ground. She wobbles on her feet. Without my hands on her hips, keeping her securely upwards, she would fall.

Ava turns around to face me and leans her head on my chest. My arms encase around her waist and I move her even closer to me, snuggling her closer to me.

A warm feeling spreads through my chest. At first, I thought I was going to have a heart attack or something but it wasn't painful. In fact, it was pleasurable. Never in my life have I felt so content and at peace. The whole feeling scares me.

I gaze down at Ava, mentally memorizing everything about her. The way the tips of her eyelashes touch her pale, cream-colored skin. Her plump, pink lips are parted slightly as she breathes calmly. Her brown hair cascades down her back in curls. One thing I love is combing my hands through her soft hair, listening to her quietly moan.

Sometimes, I think about what it would be like without her. Sure, we've only known each other for a couple of weeks but it feels like I've known her my whole life. She's so easy to talk to - to laugh with.

Everybody has a different journey of love. Some stories take time, others happen instantly. This is one that feels instant and everlasting. It shouldn't though. It can't.

What we are feeling right now, it has to be lust. It can't be more than lust. It just can't.

"I love holding you," I whisper into her ear.

She hums, drowsily. "And I love you."

That's when my heart stops for a moment. We haven't said anything like that - not yet. For her to say it, half asleep, isn't what I imagined. Hell, I didn't even imagine saying it.

This is feeling too real, too quickly. I just thought this would be a summer romance, one that would end when we left but now...now that she's declared she loves me, I don't think we will part after this. Not unless something came between us. Or...someone.

Ava doesn't notice the mini panic attack I'm currently having in my head. So when I pull away from her, she only gives me a questionable look.

"Come on Sunshine, I think you need to sleep for a while," I tell her, grasping her hand.

Ava blinks and whines: "But I'm not that tired."

"Sure Sunshine." I chuckle. "Sure."

Sluggishly, she walks next to me, yawning every once in a while. Last night, we had a movie marathon. We ended up staying up until three in the morning and woke up for breakfast at eight. She is definitely tired. Honestly, I'm feeling the same as well. I might drop off soon too.

We pass our parents on the way to her room, smiling and waving politely at them. When I see that she's about to drop off to sleep, I bend down and wrap my arms around her legs and lift her up, carrying her bridal style to her room.

Luckily, she always leaves her keys in her pocket so I quickly retrieve them. I unlock the door and swing it open, carrying her into the room and placing her gently on the bed. She shuffles in the bed to get comfortable and buries her head in the pillow.

I watch her movements with fascination and that feeling from earlier. That feeling of want. The urge to be with her all of the time.

Do I love her?

I think I do. I don't feel this way with anyone else but her. She can make my heart race, she can make me feel warm and right with her. I can tell her anything in confidence.

Oh shit.

The question is: what am I going to do?