23 | Parties and Kisses

No Tears Left To Cry - Ariana Grande

23 | Parties and Kisses

***

My back is pushed against the wall roughly but I don't care. His hands are placed on my hips tightly, keeping me against the wall. I grab onto his soft brown hair, tugging on it. He groans huskily into my mouth, his lips pushed against mine. Our kisses are sloppy yet passionate. We are both desperate for each other, to feel each other. 

His hands move down to my thighs and effortlessly, he lifts me up. I wrap my legs around his torso, greedily and hungrily taking him in. 

Max moves us from the wall and onto the bed, slowly lowering me. Eventually, we stop our kissing to breath. I suck in a handful of oxygen, letting my lungs breath again. 

Max does the same, from above me. He stares at me with a fire in his brown eyes and that's when I realize what is happening. 

Shocked, I scramble away from him and sit on the end of the bed. Confused, Max sits down too, hurt in his eyes. My brain registers everything that just happened, how I made the first move and kissed him with such...ferocity. 

"Oh my god," I mumble under my breath, my head feeling a bit woozy. Exactly how much alcohol did I have? "Oh my god, oh my god," I repeat, rubbing my face tiredly. 

"Ava," Max whispers, moving to sit right in front of me. Hesitantly, Max moves to hold my hand. When I don't flinch away or slap him, he clutches it. The sparks I usually feel give me comfort at this moment.

"Please, just...be quiet for a second. I need to gather my thoughts." I murmur, attempting to grasp what I did. 

My mind replays everything that happened, starting with earlier on today. 

"Okay." I hear Max say. And with that, my memories take over.

***

Five hours earlier

"I really like that dress," Bree says to me, eyeing the sea-blue dress I'm putting above my clothing. I hum in agreement, loving the color and design of it. The dress will definitely complement and bring out my eyes. I got that dress as a present a couple of years ago from my auntie who I never see. She thought I was bigger than I was so she bought it in a bigger size. So I couldn't wear it back then. But now I'm taller, I can wear it. 

Molly searches my wardrobe for something to wear too. I invited both of the girls around my house so we could get ready for the party later. Bree said she might need help with her hair so I offered to do it for her. Molly also claimed she had no dresses that were 'party-like' so I said I would lend her one. Hence why we are at my house. 

"Hey Ava, what about this?" Molly asks, holding up a black, sequin dress. I envision her wearing the dress and nod my head. It would show off those amazing curves she likes to keep hidden. I have a feeling she doesn't like showing off her body because Josh is overprotective of her. 

"You will look stunning in that. You have such an amazing body, you should never hide it out of embarrassment." I tell her, truthfully. 

I remember when I used to be like Molly. I was insecure about my body and looks so I tried to avoid going to parties. Then I met Rosie and she got me out of my shell and took me to parties.  

After Max, instead of feeling defeated and worried about myself, I felt a bit better about myself. Sure, I don't think I'm the prettiest girl in the world but who does? Everybody feels unsure about their looks.