chapter 1|Gyarakushi

*alarm clock noise*

- Mmmmh, Just a little longer. I say as I try to stop my alarm.

I fail in my attempt to do so and make a horrible fall on the soft white carpet next to my cozy bed, but still, hurt myself even with this much softness.

- Ah! Ouch, it hurts. I say as I slowly get up of the soft carpet to stop the awful alarm noise that is still ringing.

I leave my bedroom to go to the kitchen to make a nice tasty breakfast until a purple and white feline jumps on my back from it's guarding position and makes me jump a little.

- Oh, hello my little Neko. How are ya? I ask as I pat her head.

- Meow!

- Do you want food?

- Meow!

- Okay fine, I'll go get your food.

I go to my pantry, take Neko's food and put it in her bowl. It has a little cat paw on it that matches with Neko's hair. I make myself a bowl of cereal and take something to drink as well. After eating, I decided to go take a nice refreshing bath.

When I finish taking my bath, I leave the bathroom with a towel around my body because I forgot to bring any clothes to change myself. I enter my room and I immediately close the curtains because I don't want anyone to see me naked while I get dressed. When I go to take some clothes, I notice that there aren't any outfits left for me to wear.

"Where are my fighting outfits? Don't tell me I forgot to wash them." I think to myself as I go look in my laundry basket and see all of my outfits in it.

- Argh... "What am I gonna do now? I guess I'm just going to put on my normal stuff today." I think to myself.

After maybe three or five minutes, I finally decide to put on a light purple off-shoulder sweater with black leggings and a white moon-shaped hair clip with a little yellow star in the corner of the moon. I look at myself in the mirror and think, "I never realized how pretty I could look in normal clothes... Maybe I should just take breaks here and there so that I could meet people and maybe at one point find a lover so that my mom leaves me alone?" as I let out a short sigh. I then take the hair on the back of my head and tie it up has a high one-sided ponytail, letting the front fall down on my chest.

- What do you think? I ask Neko as I pat her head.

She looks at me, confused.

- I swear to god that one day, you will talk, just like every single one of your kind. And I know that you understand me too, so you better talk soon!

I take everything I need, say goodbye to Neko and leave home.

<>

Ten minutes later, I arrive at the guild's entrance and open the massive tall wooden doors, but unlike most people would think these five meters tall doors move really well and they don't really make any noise. I don't know why they're so tall but it doesn't bother me at all and it looks nice. I immediately go sit on a couch in front of Fumie and Hiro who is also sitting on a couch, Fumie is sitting next to Hiro and leaning towards his shoulder while he's just sitting "normally". Fumie is kind of like my best friend, but at the same time, I'm not sure because of multiple stupid reasons. They are some of the only people who know who my parents are and still are my friends for me and not the luxury or fame or whatever. They're both twenty-one years old, while I am eighteen. Oh, and Hiro is like a brother to me since he's nearly always there when I need help. I would say that they're both like "siblings" to me, but that would be weird since they're dating.