"You should. I went to France for a semester."

"Though, he didn't learn any French," Nicholas said in disappointment.

"I learned how to ask 'where is the restroom' and 'how about tomorrow.'"

Nicholas rolled his eyes and handed us napkins. "Of course."

"There's only two plates?" I said in confusion.

"Good eye. I have to go into the office today, so I won't be able to eat with you two." Nicholas walked into the closet and pulled out his brief case. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Morena. I hope we can get to know each other a bit more."

"Likewise," I said, offering my hand.

He took and lightly smiled. "I should get going."

Elijah and I ate breakfast while watching a show in the living room. I suggested eating at the table and chit chatting, but he said it was the usual to eat breakfast by the TV. I could barely get him to watch a commercial with me at his apartment, but here, he is almost like a teenager. I didn't mind it. It was interesting to see how an environment can change a person.

He took his last bite of food and turned off the TV. "Alright, I do have plans for us today. Though, is there anything you'd specifically like to do?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Not really."

"I want to go to the Great Falls with you and explore the land. Would you like that?"

I leaned over to kiss his cheek and smiled. "As long as I'm with you. I've never been hiking so this should be fun."

It wasn't fun, but being with Elijah made it tolerable. I wasn't an athletic person by any means and climbing over lots of rocks and hills was not my forte. I was one for in-place exercising like tennis, badmitton, and pole dancing.

Elijah truly enjoyed the walk. He grazed through the trail with ease and didnt even break a sweat. It did rain the night before so the trail was wet which didn't help with my grip but Elijah always managed to catch me before I fell.

"And we are here," he cheered.

I placed my hand on my hip and bent over to try to catch my breath. "Looks like the other spots that were much closer to the entrance."

"Ah, but it's not." He patted a large boulder that had a flat surface on the top. "Perfect for two." He climbed on it and offered his hand. I took it and with one effortless pull, I was sitting next to him.

Sitting down and being able to catch my breath, I found it a lot easier to admire the scenery. To be honest, the view was breath taking and every step I took up here was absolutely worth it. It was late October so the crisp autumn colors were painted onto the tree's leaves. The river kept steaming along, providing a white noise that relaxed me.

I placed my hand on Elijah's thigh and smiled. "Where'd you find this place?"

"My mom."

"Oh, I'm really sorry." I slid my hand away from his thigh and into his hand. I squeezed it and brought it to my lap. "Do you want to talk about her? I'd love to hear about her."

He wistfully looked out and took a deep breath. "She was a fantastic woman. She played the role of a mother, wife, daughter and sister so impeccably. She never frowned, or well, I never saw her frown. A very positive human being that didn't deserve to be taken away so early and with so much pain. The chemotherapy wasn't working and it just kept spreading. She died at 38."

I brought his hand to my lips and gasped. "She was so young."

"Yes, she was pretty young. My mom was 19 when she met my dad, he was about 24. They fell in love fast and a couple months later ended up pregnant. Everyone said that their relationship would fall apart, but it made them closer and inseparable. My dad worked his ass of to be a lawyer, my mom finished college while raising me. They were a power couple. I lost my mom, but my dad lost his entire world."

The way Elijah spoke about his parents made me feel so much emotion. Emotions that I never really felt about partners. I've seen a lot of failed relationships and unhealthy ones so to hear about a couple that thrived through obstacles made it so much more beautiful. I felt a tear or two form and linger on my lashes, but I tried blinking it away. I had to be strong for him.

"I miss her," he whispered. "I miss her hugs, her vanilla scent, her desserts, her smile, her advice, her positivity, her love for life." He brought me in closer and placed his head on mine.

It was eerily quiet and I had a feeling that Elijah was crying. I sat there, holding his hand tightly as we looked across the river and mourned together.