"Weakling" part 2

Fangs pov

Its been a couple of days since the incident. Yaya's wounds werent as severe as we thought but she still needed them treated at the hospital.
Its a good thing shes doing alright now.

The gang gathered at TAPOPS for a meeting, Yaya wasnt able to attend; and Ying never looked me in the eye after what happened.

"What is it Lance corporal Ying?"
Kokoci asked, putting his shades on.

Boboiboy looked at the pigtailed girl with concern. "..Ying?"

She handed Kokoci a white envelope, and I received an unexplainable feeling.

Ying smiled at the green-headed alien, "I'm going to leave TAPOPS, Commander."

"Hold on!! What?" Gopal looked at Ying, hoping she didnt really mean what she just said.

"Ying, what are you--" Boboiboy started but was cut off by the admiral, who just arrived.
"You may."

"Admiral?!" He was given a shocked look by two cadets.

Boboiboy shifted back to Kokoci.
"Commander, you cant possibly do it just like that!"

"My apologies, Boboiboy.. But we should respect your friend's decision." He answered, once again adjusting his shades.

"Unbelievable.." Gopal mumbled and walked past Admiral Tarung, and out the door.

"Ying, are you even sure about this?!" Boboiboy was practically screaming by now.
However what surprised me even more was that I was so calm about Ying's resignation.

When have I become so cold and emotionless towards my comrades..?
Am I mad at her because of what happened to Yaya?
Because she was too careless to take on the lead and attack the target without us?

If thats so, then Im a lot more immature than I thought I was.

Ying only nodded.

***

"Goodbye, everyone."
She waved at the four of us.
Yaya couldnt hold back her tears and ran to Ying, embracing her bestfriend.

Gopal and Boboiboy didnt hesitate to hug her one last time as well.

Two days after leaving TAPOPS,
It looks like she was actually going to China to study there.

The three soon backed away from our dear departing friend.

I frowned unconsciously, realizing that me and Ying never got to know each other too well.
Not like the others.

Gopal arched his brow at me; who was distanced from the rest of them. "Arent you bidding your farewell, Fang?"

I snapped back to reality.
"Oh, right."

I walked towards them, still keeping my proffesional figure on. "Goodbye." My last word to her was rather bitter.

I expected another one of her fake smiles. But she hugged me.
I was just standing there, somewhat dumbfounded.

I considered her rather irritating but.. a warm feeling showered over my soul that moment she turned her back on me.

"...I cant let things end this way"
I thought.

But I did.

That day, I shouldnt have said such a thing to her. She wasnt
weak at all. In fact, she was one of the strongest people I know.

Then today, this wouldnt have happened.