"before and now"

Ying continued walking through the hallways of the station with the lead captain of their team, Fang.

She felt little now, and somewhat anxious, walking by his side.

They were no longer "friends".
He was now her boss. He was above her in every aspect, and it made her feel sad.

Ying sighed, looking at the ground. "Could we just go back to how we were back then..?" She thought, yet whispered a few words unconsciously.

"What?" She caught Fang's attention. The two looked at each other.

"S-sorry captain." She wasn't nervous, but she stuttered.
Her mouth was playing tricks on her. Fang saw Ying's fingers; fidgeting around, meaning she was bothered.

"What is it Ying?" He asked, making her a bit irritated.

"Nothing!" She burst out suddenly, later on realizing what she did. "Sorry Captain! I--"

"Ying, stop.." He cut her off, making the black- haired girl flinch and go silent.
"What's wrong?"

Those two words meant so much to her. Too much, in fact.
'What's wrong' is a question that could kill her at this point.

"Everything." Ying answered without embarassment nor shame. "This is wrong.."

"Can't we just go back to how we were before?" It crossed her thoughts again, and couldnt help but mention it.

Fang didnt look shocked.

"You've changed.." Ying looked even deeper down, as if glaring at the ground to break the land of the earth into two huge pieces, just like her heart. "Everything-- has changed."

Her statement seemed rather emotionless; maybe because there was too much tears she was unable to cry , too many emotions she held back, that everything just stopped finding a way through and just rot inside her soul.

She wanted to cry in front of him, she wanted him to know how broken she was.

But Ying remained silent along with her raven- haired captain.
He didnt manage to utter a word, making her feel hopeless and blank.

"You know, those things are behind us.." He said with a serious tone, finally speaking up.

"Before and now are two different things."

This made him look up at the sky, admiring it's peaceful blue color.

"I know." Ying said in response, smiling.
Because that day, her thoughts were finally put to rest.--

She knew it was kind of predictable, and her dreams could never happen, since she wasnt living a fantasy.

Not her. She found herself too old to fall for such things, too old to hope for a happy ending.

Too old to wish for love..

____________________________________

A/N: GAAAAHHHHHHHHH I WROTE ANOTHER DEPRESSING FANFIC. I NEED HELP. REALLY.
GRAB CHARA AND LET HER MURDER ME

(Kudos to people who know chara)

NOW LET ME CRY FOR PIGTAILS GIRL AAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH