19. This is How We Do It

Neveah

"What the hell is going on?" I asked looking at the shocked face of the former council member.

"Well my dear," Silas said pulling the contract from under my hands. "You have taken the throne that rightfully belongs to you."

I looked down at the contract to see that it had my signature over the line, ruler of wolves.

"THE FUCK?!" I yelled feeling my heart beat erratically.

"The throne is back to where it rightfully belongs," Silas said walking toward me and taking my face in his. "You are the rightful ruler, that's why I never felt the urge to own the throne and come here to replace my father. It was meant to return home, finally."

I looked him dead in the eyes and it seemed that he completely knew and believed what he was talking about. When I actually sat down, my knees giving out from shock, the pieces started coming together in my mind. Me leaving and going to live with Silas, Silas leaving the royal palace, Lucifer being born in my body, it was bound to happen whether I liked it or not. So... what's a girl to do?

"Wait you're not actually serious," the gobsmacked former councilman asked. He came to from his shock. "She was just on trial the other day for murdering the former king!"

I tooned them out and started reading on with the ruler of wolves contract. Apparently, I would rule until I create a heir that would replace me when I saw fit, or a thousand years, whichever one came first. The role of the throne was originally supposed to be a woman, while her mate was to be the head in human politics to diminish the risk of exposure. Hmm no wonder this information wasn't made public, pushing forward a misogynistic agenda when we all know we exist because of Luna's love for Alpha.

I was really going to do this.

"You're not one for running away from a challenge," Lucifer said for the first time in days.

"Nice to see you join the living," I said with a hint of laughter.

"I have mourned long enough, it is time for us to take our rightful place," Lucifer said with such elegance that I almost bowed to her.

"First thing on my agenda is a rule of transparency, by making this document public to the werewolf world," I said getting everyone's attention and eliminating whatever chatter was going on around me. "We get ahead of the rumors that you old people are hung up over, do a whole interview expose the truth, the nasty dirty truth that only werewolves can comprehend."

I had everyone's attention as I flushed out my ideas that were things I always thought about fixing, and now I had the platform to do it.

"I'll do a year press tour in every continent, get to know the Alpha's, get to know the packs. Hear their voices, see if we can do something about the number rouges, establish a international help system for all werewolves, not just a jail, making sure that these wolves are all heard out. Maybe we can find methods of disciplining wolves before we cut them off and they go rogue, making sure that these packs agree with who their representatives are," I kept listing as the ideas came one after another.

"As you wish my queen," Benjamin said bowing making others follow after him. I smiled looking around the room as everyone bowed one right after another.

"This is where we belong," Lucifer said with so much resolution it shock me to the core

"Now," I said clapping my hands together, "about that crowning."

Silas

"We are here today with the heir of the previous ruler during the crowning of the new king of wolves," The reporter drooled on. "Tell us how do you feel tonight, and what can the wolves at home expect from tonight's show?"