5. Decisions Decisions

Nevaeh

         So far down south in Shreveport has been pretty good. I was working with the pack accountant as their assistant, there were three of them. They taught me more than I learned in my dumbass class and they had me doing books and all the hard stuff. Besides that, I was staying in the pack house, that part wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There was an undeniable sense of family that made me and my wolf feel at home, specifically my wolf.

            I was always surrounded by little children for some reason unknown to me, I have been here for about a week so you would think that after that time the children would get over the allure of a new person, but no they were always at my ankles. Not that I would kick them away, like I wanted to, but they stayed with me from the moment I left my room to the moment that they went to class.

            Oddly enough, I thought that Silas would have tried to make sure that we were attached at the hip the entire time but the exact opposite happened, which I was happy about.... Lucifer not so much. He was busy with the warriors and all the information that he missed out on so I guess that required all of his attention. I didn't mind much because, well it just wasn't that big of a deal, we were always in the same presence and made some form of contact at most once a day. I wasn't as strongly affected by the mate bond as I guessed people thought I was supposed to be because when I got here people questioned our mate ship which Silas wasn't very happy about...at all. But when I see the other mated couples around the pack house, I notice how they sit with them every meal and by the end of the day they're practically melded into one person. The most that Silas and I do is talk and then go his separate ways.

            I figure I'm like this because....

            "Neveah, I need you to do me a favor," Arnie one of the pack's accountants said popping his head out of his office. I was sitting at a desk in front of three offices, one for each accountant.

            "Yes sir, how may I help you?" I asked standing up and facing him.

            "The ladies at the pack daycare center are a little short staffed, so we were wondering if you could go help them," Arnie said. Ugh lord no not the children, bleh.

            "Umm sure, would you like me to go now?"

            "Yes that would actually be perfect."

            I closed my computer down and put all the papers down before I left to walk to the daycare center. It was only a five-minute walk so it wouldn't really kill me going all the way there and coming back but it would kill me actually having to watch over the children.

            When I walked in to the log cabin there was an array of pastel colors all over the room. And there was one parent fighting with seven tiny little ankle bitters basically doing just that to said parent.

            "I was instructed that someone needed my help," I said gaining everyone's attention.

            "Navieeee!" the children screeched running over to me. I smiled down at the children bracing myself for the children.

            "Hey kiddos, are y'all behaving?" I asked looking at all of them.

            "Yes," they all said cheerfully.

            "Thanks so much Nevaeh, I have to go eat before I die, do you mind taking over for a little while," The parent asked, I didn't really get acquainted with every pack number there were at least one hundred of them.

            "Yeah, of course no problem, take as long as you want," I absentmindedly answered as the children pulled me over to their play area.