16. The Attack

Neveah

"That bastard took him," I growled flipping over the pack meeting table.

"Nevaeh, that is not helpful!" Benjamin growled.

"That's the third table you have flipped over in a hour," Jaleesa said sitting next to me rubbing her belly, and moving her other hand to rub through my hair.

"And I'll flip every fucking table that you bring into this room," I growled. "Where is he, all you keep doing is making phone calls and getting nowhere. Let me sniff that fucker Beta out so I can find him and rip out his throat myself."

"If you're not going to be helpful Nevaeh then you have to leave," Benjamin said rubbing his forehead. His phone rang again and he pressed the answer button listening to the person on the phone. I did too trying to hear what was being said.

"We've got nothing boss. We can't track Silas' scent or Archie's," the person on the phone said and I growled stomping toward Benjamin.

"Nevaeh, come take a walk with me," Tobias said standing in front of Benjamin.

"No!" I growled out. "Give me the phone Benjamin."

"Nevaeh this is the last time I'm going to ask," Tobias said taking a step closer to me. "Let's take a walk."

"You can't make me!" I growled back going to punch him, but he ducked and put me over his shoulder.

"Put me down you old bastard," I growled hitting his back like a petulant child, except this petulant child was probably breaking a few bones as he walked me outside.

When we got outside Tobias threw me on the ground at least a foot away from him making me land on my ass. I growled at him before I stood up trying to go back to the meeting room, but Tobias blocked me again. I guess we were going to have to do this the hard way. I shifted and shook out my fur. I growled at him wanting him to move, but again he refused to move.

"Nevaeh, we both know how this will end," Tobias growled. I growled back and started charging at him. He stood his ground when I got close enough to him, he punched me. I whinnied falling to the ground and went to get up before I was kicked back down to the ground.

"Now, get yourself together," Tobias growled his eyes glowing showing that his wolf was coming through.

"No," I growled.

"If you weren't so stubborn you would listen to your wolf," Tobias growled running at me full speed, but I lifted the ground beneath him, he didn't seem fazed at all. He hopped from pillar to pillar. He was a foot in front of me before I threw a column of dirt up right in front of him but he punched it down and then came and kicked me in the face.

This time when I went down he held me down under his foot and growled making me whine. That kick hurt like shit.

"Now listen to your wolf," Tobias growled. I tried to fight him off but he just pressed his foot down harder on my neck, the more I struggled the less air I got. I realized it as futile and just laid there. When I finally got my breathing to a regular pace, I felt a throbbing in the back of my head. I put my defenses down and felt Lucifer and I connect again.

"Hey there," Lucifer said, completely relaxed.

"I'm not understanding why you're so relaxed when our mate is missing," I said letting all my frustration out.

"Don't take it out on Lucifer, you should be able to reach Silas," Tobias said finally getting off my neck.

"I tried that and in no way did it work," I growled back.