Chapter 45: Genoah's Visit

Start from the beginning

My heart skipped a beat as I looked quickly at her. No. She's not moving her fingers.

"Mom, wala naman, eh."

"No, she did. Believe me she did," mom said looking so shocked.

Umiling ako. "Mom, stop playing around—"

"Dadaaa!" Sabay ng pagtawag ng anak ko sa 'kin ay ang pagkita ko na gumalaw nga ang kamay niya. Her hand moved! It really did! My eyes widened as I looked shocked.

"G-Gen?" I stuttered in amusement. My son kept moving his body. He was happy. A tear escaped my eyes when I saw her slowly opening her eyes. Tuluyan na akong umiyak when she fully opened them. "Gen..."

I was so shocked. "Gen, you're awake!" Her eyes were open, but she wasn't moving. I went closer to her to catch her attention. "Gen, it's me, Ralph." My heart beats fast when she finally settled her eyes on me.

"Oh goodness, Gen. You're really awake! Thank God!" I couldn't believe it! I was so quick to kiss her cheek because I was so happy. Her brows furrowed with what I did. "Gen, can you talk? Please say something," I begged cause her silence was creeping me out. Hindi pa ako sure kung gising na ba talaga unless she talks!

"Wait, I'll call the doctor," I heard mom said but I was so focused on Gen to even bother.

"Mmm... Ehhmama," I heard Genoah coo and laugh. I looked at him. I smiled when I realized that he was trying to tell me about his mom. He said mama earlier.

"S-Sino siya?" Gen asked.

I was surprised when Gen finally spoke. She's really awake! Pero napakunot ang noo ko because I was confused. "He's our son. Don't you remember? You gave birth to him before you were comatosed."

I saw her eyes well up. "B-Buhay ang... anak ko?" she asked, surprised.

I nodded. "Yes. Thank God buhay siya."

Her tears fell and she's already crying when the door opened. The doctor and nurses came in. Agad nilang chineck si Gen.

"She's awake. Is she okay?" I asked the doctor. I am hoping she is well. The doctor asked her some questions like what was the last thing she remembered, what does she feel and if she feels any pain.

"She looks fine. I can tell that she's not having any amnesia which is very good, but we need to do some tests to be sure her body is 100% functional and reactive."

I felt relieved. "Okay, doc. Please do anything you need to, but why she can't move her body?"

"Mr. Tan, she had been in coma for six months. She didn't move any voluntary muscles in those times. It's normal for her to have weakened her body. But it will be regained little by little. She needs to exercise them slowly and gradually. For now, she can't stand nor walk yet. We don't want to rush her system."

"Okay, doc. Thank you so much."

He nodded. "Thank you too. I am happy for all of you. This is something to celebrate. Congratulations for not giving up."

"Yeah. It's worth it." The doctor tapped my shoulder and went out of the room.

I faced Gen who was now looking intently at Genoah. Parang pinag-aaralan niya ang itsura nito. Mom was holding him now like three meters far from her. Tinitingnan niya ang bawat galaw ni Genoah.

"He's our son, Gen,." I proudly introduced him. "He's a happy baby like you."

Bumaling agad ang tingin niya sa akin. "Bakit ang laki na niya? Ilang linggo ba akong na-coma?" Her voice was a bit hoarse.