Chapter 44: Full Time Dad

Ralph's POV

"Okay. What else?" I asked Leo. We are talking over the phone about work.

I heard a sound, so I looked at my son. He was busy making bubbles using his mouth. I smiled hearing the sound produced by his tiny mouth. He was doing it over and over again. So cute.

"Sir? Are you still there?"

Napabalik ang pansin ko kay Leo. "Sorry. What were you saying?"

"Natanggap niyo na po ba ang files na sinend ko sa email ninyo?" tanong niya.

"Oh, that. Yeah. I did."

"Okay, Sir. 'Yon lang naman po."

May binilin lang ako sa kanya then I ended the call. Four months have passed. I am still working from home and taking care of my son. Nakasanayan na namin ni Leo ang ganitong set up sa work.

Genoah is six months old already. He is getting bigger and taller. But he's still the cutest baby I have ever seen. Kinarga ko siya after I placed my phone down on my working table.

"Where do you want to go today, my little man?" I smiled at him.

He was cooing like he was trying to answer me but I couldn't understand a thing. I laughed cause he was trying to converse.

"Okay. Daddy will take you to the park. Is that okay with you?"

He cooed again. I just laughed at his cuteness and went to his room to change his clothes so we could go out.

After all that happened, I realized how Genoah is a huge blessing. He diverted my attention from his mom's condition. Somehow, I was thankful cause he keeps me distracted from being worried. He also makes me very happy everyday.

Nilagay ko siya sa car seat na nasa back seat ng kotse. I drove my car and went to the park. I took him out of the car when we arrived and placed him on his stroller as I pushed it and we walked around the park.

We went to the baby stores after. I bought him new toys and books that I would read with him at night. He likes it when I read him books. I also have him listen to nursery rhymes. Sabi kasi ng pediatrician niya, okay daw 'yon sa development ng brain niya. Of course, I want my baby to grow up smart.

"Okay. You have plenty of toys already. Let's go home, my little man."

He fell asleep throughout the car ride. Siguro napagod sa buong araw na pamamasyal namin. I am also tired from pushing his stroller wherever we go and when I played with him in the park.

Kinarga ko siya papasok ng bahay. I let Jinggay bring the bags inside. I went straight to the nursery room saka hiniga si Genoah sa crib. I went out of the room and went straight to my bedroom. I was about to take a shower when my phone rang.

"Hello, Mom?"

Mom is currently in the hospital. She visits Gen five times week.

"Anak, I just wanna let you know na ililipat na si Geneva sa private room mamaya. Will you be here? I need to leave in an hour. May lakad kasi akong importante."

The doctor told us last week that Geneva has to be transferred to a private room. The machines and equipments will be moved with her too. She has no signs of progress but the doctor said that she might be fighting to be alive. I believe she is.

"It's okay, Mom. You can leave anytime you want. You've done a lot for us already. Take time to rest, Mmom. I'll be there later."

Simula mangyari lahat ng 'to, mas lalo kong na-appreciate si mommy. We lost the bonding moments when dad died. I became distant to her cause I got busy with the company, and I was doing that to divert my attention from grieving on dad's death noon. Napabayaan ko na si mommy and I barely spent time with her. Now, I realized how amazing she is regardless of what I did. She's been always there to help me. I love my mom even more. She's my number one supporter.